Chapter 4

"Your dreams, your dreams are what's "it", Zella."

My eyes were spinning and it felt like I was about to collapse. I sat down on a chair and grasped the table almost throwing up. "Ok, so you're telling me that - that my dreams make you question what you believe?" I put emphasis around question. Why do my dreams affect what he believes in? They're my dreams.

"This is exactly why I didn't wanna say anything." he whispered.

"Jonah, you can't whisper for shit. Now stop stalling and tell me what you mean by questioning your belief and why didn't you wanna tell me?"

"First of all, your dreams don't make me question anything, because I already believed in the supernatural or paranormal - call it what you want -" he stopped and looked around as if someone was listening to us.

I laughed so hard that my stomach hurt, "Ok, ok, wait." I said between breaths "You're being ridiculous! I was just about to believe that you believed in supernatural or paranormal, call it what you want," I said imitating his voice, "Until you turned around and started looking dramatic."

"Are you done?" he gave me a face he does when someone makes fun of him for watching Austin & Ally.

"You're serious about this aren't you?" I said staring into his eyes.

"No, I'm serious about this." he said sarcastically while eating some more food.

I took a moment to take in what he had told me. My heart was beating so loud I could feel it in my throat. Ok... Jonah believes in supernatural stuff, and so does my mom. This isn't a coincidence and neither are my dreams, because apparently they have something to do with demons?... But I don't believe in that crap... Demons aren't real... even if demons did exist they most definitely can't do whatever it is they do, to me in my dreams... Plus why would demons even want to get me -if they were real that is - I've never played with Ouija boards or done that stupid Charlie Charlie thing. Not that I believe that a piece of card board, glass surrounded by plastic, pencils and paper could give you an opportunity to speak to a dead person anyway.

Jonah snapped me out of my thoughts, "Hey, are you going to eat your food or what?" I looked at the food and shook my head, "How can you be so calm about this?" I said furious.

"So you believe me?" he said with a confused, but relieved face.

"I - I don't know, but you're acting like I know what you're talking about. You're - you're acting as if this is a normal thing to talk about on an everyday basis. You're not giving me any answers what so ever. You're being so nonchalant like it doesn't - like it doesn't even bother you to talk to me about demons or the fact that my dreams -" my eyes grew wide and I let out a big breath.

"What?"

"Do my dreams have something to do with demons?" swallowing the saliva that had formed in my mouth and shaking my leg impatiently. At this point I'm not even sure what I believe

It seemed like it took him forever to chew and swallow his food. And right when he was about to answer my question I heard someone trying to unlock the front door. I looked over at the cat clock and the time read 11:41 p.m. it had to have been my mom. Adrenaline rushed through my body as I stood up. When I turned back to yell at Jonah for stalling again I saw that he had ran, literally ran, to answer the door. My heart was racing; this time she can't avoid me.