─ 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

*ೃ༄𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐁𝐎𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑

*ೃ𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓 𝐁𝐎𝐘 𝐓𝐎
𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑

Would a dog brush work on human hair?

The girl didn't know, but she certainly wished to test that hypothesis four hours into her workday. Sweat had matted her otherwise luscious hair and she wished to lock herself into the storage closet and just scream until her throat was raw.

Magdalena May hissed to herself as her fingers got caught in a rather obnoxious tangle when she ran her hand through her flowing brown locks. Moving out from behind the check-out counter, the young woman eagerly made her way toward her best friend who was examining a display of dog toys—a display that Magdalena had organized all by herself at the start of her seemingly never-ending shift.

As the brunette dodged some five-year-old running wildly around the pet store—his parents nowhere in sight—she sighed to herself, content that she would be going on her lunch break finally. Though before Magdalena could reach Lulu, the call of her name caught her attention and forced the girl to turn back around. Her coworker, Vanessa, was holding Magdalena's wallet and shaking it slightly, silently reminding the brunette that she had left it behind. In a nonverbal and equally nonchalant response, Magdalena held out her hand, palm to the sky with an expectant look on her face.

Vanessa—with narrowed eyes and in them, pure concentration—tossed the worn and torn red leather wallet to Magdalena, hoping to be accurate. She was. As soon as Magdalena caught the wallet, the brunette sent an appreciative wink in Vanessa's direction and mouthed a quick "thank you" before turning to keep walking while shoving the wallet into her back pocket. The young woman was in a hurry to evacuate Pet Paradise and take a well-deserved breath away from all the chaos. A lunch break with her best friend seemed like the perfect opportunity for mental decompression. When Lulu heard the sound of approaching footsteps, she turned away from the variety of dog toys—those deep brown irises of hers landing on Magdalena in all her...exhausted glory.

The Hayashi girl let out a subdued, but frightened gasp at the sight of the brunette. With a nervous smile that seemed a bit too forced for Magdalena's liking, Lulu's lips wavered partially whilst her eyes raked over her dear friend's downtrodden appearance. Unlike Magdalena May, Lulu wasn't a very good actress. She had never been good at faking the way she felt. And the raven-haired beauty couldn't help the way her encouraging smile diminished into a worried look, which was accompanied with a minor frown, by the time she finally opened her mouth.

"No offense, babe. You know I love you, but you seriously look like you just crawled out of a sewer."

Lulu divulged sweetly...or as sweet as she could anyhow. The raven-haired young woman shifted her eyes up and down, taking in every detail of Magdalena's pitiful aura. Unable to bear the sight of her best friend in such a state, Lulu interlocked her arm with Magdalena's and pulled her out of the pet store for a much-needed escape. The brunette could only sigh to herself about Lulu's previous admittance—about how she looked like a corpse. Sure, those weren't Lulu's words verbatim, but close enough.