─ 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞.

*ೃ༄𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐓

*ೃ𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐓

As she sat on a brightly patterned towel in the sand at Zuma Beach with Billy Hargrove by her side, Magdalena could feel him continue to trace patterns on her bare thigh. The brunette began to consider if this truly was the epitome of love. It seemed like love. Real love. Not the temporary attention the guys of Hawkins had been relentlessly supplying her with for the longest time. Magdalena would've appreciated to dwell on it, but tonight happened to be her and Billy's anniversary—they both wished to make the most of it.

Their excursion to the beach started with glancing up into the night sky and envying the stars that took control of the darkness and lit up random portions of space. The celestial bodies were always so elegant in the way they twinkled in their dusky surroundings. Neither Billy nor Magdalena took enough time out of their day-to-day lives to ever examine the stars so closely like this. Not since they were younger and tasked with fewer responsibilities with no stress weighing them down. But that was over now. Hawkins, Indiana was in the past and Billy was finally fully content. He had found his happy place in Southern California yet again and this time around, the prettiest girl in the world was with him.

The stars were perfect, but Magdalena's sparkling green eyes seemed way more perfect to Billy. That was exactly why not long into their sky observations, Billy decided to capture the brunette's attention as well as her cheeks in his hands and kiss her like some lovesick boy who hadn't gotten kissed by a girl in his life. In all honesty, the young man just wanted to savor the moment even though the two of them could easily reenact it any other time. But Billy couldn't resist.

Magdalena tasted like cinnamon whiskey and butterscotch—by far the weirdest combination of flavors Billy had ever come across while exchanging passionate kisses with any woman. What was even stranger was the fact that he enjoyed it way more than he should have. On Magdalena's end, nothing about the taste of Billy's lips changed—mint and the essence of cigarettes through and through. A welcomed flavor she had gotten used to through all the times they showed affection through locking lips.

Feeling her boyfriend's hand cautiously trail down to the soft skin of her neck caused a shiver to take over her frame, causing Billy to chuckle into the kiss. Though it didn't ruin the mood, rather made Magdalena reach out and place her own smaller hand on Billy's chest which happened to be free of any clothing, therefore those tan and chiseled abs were free to be touched. It was enough to rev up Magdalena's wild fantasies. She was the luckiest bitch alive. And even with both Magdalena's and Billy's minds running freely, the two of them didn't concern themselves with anything. This moment would continue to resonate in their minds for a long while.

Both of them dared to think that nothing would come between them on an empty beach in the middle of the night, but they were wrong. The rumble of the dreary skies echoed inside of their minds and the harsh gust of wind that swept across the beach left Magdalena and Billy wishing for a couple of blankets. And still, the sneaky lovers paid no mind to the storm rolling in from above the Pacific Ocean. But as if the universe had a vendetta against them, with another ugly roar coming from the night sky, a random downpour cast down upon them in an effort to ruin the romantic atmosphere they had crafted for themselves.

Magdalena and Billy parted away from each other, glancing up at the same time with bewildered expressions to watch the massive drops of rain coming down on them. The brunette was the first one to start laughing maniacally as if she was the witch who produced some rain spell and laughed even harder when Billy observed her with a questioning half smile. Magdalena merely shrugged her shoulders and brought Billy in for another intensely needy kiss, pulling the guy forward until he met her lips ceremoniously once more.

But when Magdalena opened her green eyes in the morning, that vision of her and Billy disintegrated—it was ripped to shreds by the cruel mistress that was reality. She was alone. Alone and scared. Scared about how she'd continue on without the only guy who cared for her in a romantic sense—a guy who was severely broken emotionally but was still capable of showing feelings around her. Magdalena's stomach dropped as if she was on a rollercoaster after acknowledging yet again that her boyfriend was never coming back.

He was gone forever.

Those dreams of better days were over.

And as she squinted her half-awake eyes at the calendar hanging precariously from her bedroom wall, Magdalena gritted her teeth at the date listed on the paper.

Billy's funeral was today.

𝐕. 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐬 —
the long awaited conclusion!
it actually hurt to create this
chapter because i got too into it
and was going through maggie's
internalized pain. anyway, thank
you for interacting with my fic!
just a reminder; there is a
sequel to this book, so if y'all
really adore magdalena, feel
free to read Witchy Woman.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐌 彡 [b. hargrove] [✔] 🎉