─ 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

*ೃ༄𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋, 𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑

*ೃ𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋, 𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑

It was the Fourth of July.

And that big family bash Magdalena's cousin had been advertising for the past month was long forgotten. The girl didn't want to go on the account of having personal issues which were weighing her mood down immensely.

Still, Magdalena could taste the alcohol in her mouth that she should've indulged in at the party. But along with that came an imagined sour taste caused by the fact that her boyfriend hadn't bothered to interact with her for a number of days. Magdalena honestly wasn't able to keep track anymore. She didn't know where Billy was, what he was doing, possibly who he was doing that something with. Her mind instantly went to the same conclusion as before: Billy was cheating on her. But then Magdalena backtracked and yelled at herself mentally once more for even considering the possibility of Billy fucking some other girl. Her mind was playing tug of war with itself and truthfully, Billy was devoted to Magdalena and Magdalena only. The brunette just wanted to know where her sweet boyfriend was. She wanted to be certain that he was fine.

Right now the television was on and after another stressful workday at Starcourt, Magdalena could sit back on the couch with her dad and her little rabbit—aptly named Sunny the Bunny—to watch a movie randomly selected by none other than the eccentric older man. The brunette chewed on her lower lip as she thought about the rude, obnoxious customers that she had to interact with today. She really believed working in a pet store would be a cakewalk. Spoiler: it wasn't. Magdalena had to hold herself back from getting into a physical altercation with a middle-aged woman after she deemed that she knew more about how to care for a rodent than Magdalena.

Then the poor girl had to tell several children to stop tapping on the glass enclosures and make sure the animals didn't get stressed out. Magdalena May took her job more seriously than any of her other colleagues and this was simply because she cared for animals more than people sometimes.

Other than the intrusive thoughts comprised of her hectic workday, family movie night was all going well. The popcorn was warm and buttery. The blankets covering Magdalena and her father were fuzzy and comfortable. Nothing could've ruined the night. Granted, that's what Magdalena was thinking as well up until the answering machine near the living room announced an incoming message:

I tried calling and for some reason, a ringing phone means nothing to you, but there's something seriously wrong going on. I just—you're gonna think I'm fucking crazy, but I just witnessed a girl with mind powers take down some...some flesh monster! She's friends with Max apparently. I don't fucking know the rest. There's, like, a group of middle schoolers here and I am so goddamn confused. Come to Starcourt! I repeat, come to Starcourt, Magdalena! Right now!