─ 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

*ೃ༄𝐎𝐅 𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐘𝐀𝐋

*ೃ𝐎𝐅 𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐘𝐀𝐋

White streaks of lightning flashed across the gloomy, gray skies in tandem with the way large and very heavy droplets of rain hurriedly pitter-pattered against the windshield of Lulu Hayashi's finely polished Volkswagen Beetle. The raven-haired girl in question sat in the driver's seat of her parked car, leaning on the steering wheel and staring up at the grim-looking sky with somewhat of a displeased expression.

She was hoping that the torrential downpour would stop being oh so torrential and soon. In the meantime, Magdalena May occupied the passenger seat, practically aching to get out and head into the community pool as she fiddled with a few wavy strands of brown hair. The otherwise stubborn girl somehow complied with Lulu's pleas to stay in the car until the rain stopped, but that patience Magdalena tried to display was wearing itself into nothing after what seemed like twenty agonizing minutes.

The waiting was killing her.

To be so close to her boyfriend's place of employment—right outside in the parking lot—sent Magdalena's heart into a worked-up state. The odds of Billy simply working and actively hiding away from her made the brunette feel enraged but also puzzled by what she could've possibly done to force her boyfriend to hide away from her. When it came to their previous argument, they had made up and since then, they had not spoken.

The echo of the rain hitting the windshield was getting to Magdalena. She was losing her mind and her patience as well, of course. Without sparing a second thought, the May girl stiffly grabbed the interior door handle and opened it so harshly that it almost smacked against the poor bastard's car that Lulu parked next to. The raven-haired beauty did a double take, her mouth nearly dropping to the floor as she witnessed her best friend of a decade and some years impulsively step out into the thunderstorm without any protection from the intense rain.

Once the door shut loudly, Lulu snapped out of her shock and reached for the neatly wrapped black umbrella resting across the backseat and followed after Magdalena. Lulu honestly couldn't help the childish whine that escaped her lips when the first of the raindrops touched her bare arm once she opened her own car door. After haphazardly locking her precious yellow vehicle, Lulu hurried to catch up with her friend's pace and the young woman was seriously doing the best she could to conquer the flooded pavement in heels.

"Ugh, slow down, Mags. Can you at least wait until I open my umbrella? I literally washed my hair this morning and the rain is totally going to take the volume out. Why are you forcing me to look like a drowned rat? When you promised me a nice day out, this wasn't what I thought you meant. This isn't nice at all."