you are my sunshine (c.c.) (requested)

(A/N: This oneshot was requested by Chl0eS00t. I hope you like it! The song in the title is a reference to the song of the same name. Now, on with the oneshot!)

(3rd Person POV)

       Chris shot up in his bed, his heart racing. He'd just woken up from a nightmare from his fever induced sleep. The majority of it had already faded but the core of the nightmare was still present in his mind: Y/N leaving him. Looking around his room to get his bearings, he saw his brother still asleep.

       As quietly as he could, he slipped out of his bed and out of the room. Softly padding down the hallway, Chris held his breath as he passed his father's room. Not wanting to incur the wrath of his father, he quickly made his way to the kitchen. Grabbing the phone from the counter, he sat down on the linoleum flooring and dialed the number he knew by heart.

(Y/N's POV)

       I took my last sip from my midnight drink of water when the phone rang. My parents were out for the night and only one person would call me this late. Putting my glass in the sink, I picked up the phone on the next ring.

       "Hello?"

       "Hey."

        I smiled, knowing I had been right. It was Chris, my boyfriend.

       "What are you doing answering the phone so late? It could have been some kind of pervert or something."

       "I knew it was you, you dork." I said, twirling the phone cord around my finger. "Anyway, what are you doing out of bed? You still had a fever when I left earlier today."

       It was silent on the other line. I would have thought he'd hung up if I hadn't heard him breathing.

       "...I had a nightmare."

       I hopped up onto the counter next to the phone, getting comfortable. "What was it about?"

       "I-I don't really remember. It's all kind of fuzzy now. All I know is that I needed to hear your voice."

       A sad smile crossed my face. I hated that he was having nightmares but it warmed my heart that I was the person he went to when he had them.

       "Well, I'm glad I can be here for you." I said as I rested my back against the wall. "You should really get back to bed though. You're still sick and I want you to get better."

       "I will. I'm actually feeling a little better."

       "Is that a lie?" I asked, unconvinced.

       "...You know me too well."

       "Go back to bed, Hero. I'll be over in morning."

       "I will...Y/N?"

       "Yeah?"

       "You know I love you, right?"

        This time a soft smile crossed my face. "I know, Chris. I love you too."

        "I know. Good night, Y/N."

        "Good night, Chris."

       It took a few seconds but finally he hung up. I hung my phone back on the receiver and hopped off the counter. I hurried upstairs and got into bed, eager to sleep. I knew Chris was going to need me tomorrow.

(A/N: Thanks again to Chl0eS00t for the request! Sorry it took me so long! I hope you liked it! Requests are currently closed but will open again on October 1st. That's all for now! Until next time! Thanks!!)