200

This was the first time He Yan saw Emperor Wenxuan in his previous life.

Emperor Wenxuan had reached the age of knowing his destiny, but he looked younger than he actually was. His face was ruddy, and he was neat and tidy. Although he wore a bright yellow dragon robe, he did not look as majestic and domineering as He Yan had imagined. He even looked kind and benevolent, like a kind elder in an ordinary family. He did not put on airs. After arriving, he sat down in the high seat, indicating that the officials did not need to be reserved.

Sitting next to Emperor Wenxuan was Empress Zhang. Empress Zhang and Emperor Wenxuan were husband and wife when they were young. Their family was prominent, and the late Emperor made her the Crown Princess. Empress Zhang had a son and a daughter, the current Crown Prince Guang Yan and Princess Yu Chan. Princess Yu Chan was already married, but she was not feeling well recently, so she did not come to the palace banquet today. Sitting next to Empress Zhang was Imperial Concubine Lan.

Imperial Concubine Lan was about the same age as Empress Zhang, but she was not as beautiful and round as Empress Zhang. She looked thin and delicate. She was gentle and did not fight for anything, so she gave birth to the Fourth Prince Guang shuo.

Fifth Prince Guang Ji was held by a nanny and stood next to his two brothers. His biological mother was Imperial Concubine Ni. Imperial Concubine Ni was very young and was at the age where she was as beautiful as a flower. She was arrogant and domineering. She was originally selected as the legitimate daughter of a local official, but because she was pregnant with the Emperor's child, she rose up the ranks. However, Emperor Wenxuan disliked her arrogance and refused to promote her to the position of Imperial Concubine. In the past two years, Imperial Concubine Ni had become more well-behaved.

The Second Prince and the Third Prince were originally a pair of twins. Emperor Wen Xuan was lucky enough to meet a palace maid who washed clothes in the palace. Unfortunately, it was difficult to give birth to twins. When the mother and the children were born, all three of them died together.

Emperor Wenxuan did not have many children. In an imperial family, having many children was not necessarily a good thing. There was only one position, and when there were many people, it was inevitable that some people would be dissatisfied and disloyal. Now that Fifth Prince Guang Ji was still young, only Crown Prince Guang Ji and Fourth Prince Guang Guang shuo had the ability to sit in that position. Empress Zhang's family was powerful, and the Crown Prince was the legitimate heir. Coincidentally, the Concubine Lan did not fight for the throne. Originally, it was understandable that the Crown Prince would inherit the throne.

However, the Crown Prince was a Guang Yan with neither talent nor virtue. He had no achievements in political affairs, and his own household was a mess. Usually, he only knew how to play around. In contrast, the Fourth Prince was a Guang Yan with both talent and virtue. He had outstanding talent, a gentle temperament, and kept himself clean.

The Crown Prince was so weak, and the Fourth Prince was so outstanding. Naturally, there were people who were tempted. Moreover, among the three thousand beauties in the imperial harem, Emperor Wen Xuan loved Concubine Lan the most. Although Concubine Lan did not fight or snatch, no one in the imperial harem dared to look down on her. Gradually, the power in the imperial court was divided into two factions. One faction supported the Guang Yan, while the other faction wanted to ask Emperor Wen Xuan to make Guang shuo the Crown Prince.

He Yan still remembered that when he was in Liangzhou, he vaguely heard people say that the Crown Prince did not like Xiao Jue. Xiao Jue led the troops to the Liangzhou Guard. In addition to avoiding Xu Jingfu's sharp edge, the Crown Prince also played a part in it.

In other words, Xu Jingfu and the Crown Prince Guang Yan were most likely in cahoots.

She thought in her heart, but her expression did not change.