238

After Yan He left, the sky gradually darkened. Lin Shuanghe was also about to leave. Before he left, he reminded Xiao Jue, "Remember to feed Sister He the medicine. After she drinks it, she should wake up soon. I'll come again tomorrow. Huaijin, don't worry too much. "

After sending Lin Shuanghe away, He Sui and He Yunsheng were also worried about He Yan. However, Xiao Jue was guarding He Yan's bed, so they could not enter. He Sui pulled He Yunsheng away.

The medicine in the bowl gradually cooled down. Xiao Jue helped He Yan up and carefully fed her a spoonful of medicine. The medicine flowed down the corner of He Yan's mouth. He quickly put down the bowl and wiped the medicine stains on He Yan's lips with a handkerchief. He frowned slightly.

He Yan's face was still pale. She had always been magnanimous and always had a smile on her face. Even if she was seriously injured, she would still joke and tell the people around her not to worry. This was the first time he saw her in pain even in her dreams.

He reached out and gently stroked He Yan's hair. He turned his head and looked at the bowl of medicine on the table that was about to turn cold. He paused for a moment and finally made up his mind. He picked up the bowl of medicine again and lowered his head to drink it.

The girl on the bed had her eyes tightly closed. Her eyelashes gently drooped down, showing a fragility that was not there before. The young man's gaze was fixed on the girl on the bed. His body was a little stiff. After struggling for a moment, he finally slowly bent down and lowered his head to cover her lips.

The medicine was not hot anymore. It was just right. After he finished the bowl of medicine, his ears were completely red. He gently sighed in relief. He sat up straight and covered He Yan with the quilt.

Xiao Jue had never considered whether he was a gentleman or not. In the past, he did things based on his heart. Only when he was with the girl in front of him did he have many worries. He was always afraid that she would feel conflicted.

Xiao Jue took the empty bowl out of the house. The moment she stepped out of the house, she saw a young man squatting under the eaves of the house across the yard. He was using a tree branch to draw on the snow.

He Yunsheng.

He Yunsheng's eyes lit up when he saw Xiao Jue coming out. Xiao Jue put the empty bowl in the kitchen. When she came back, He Yunsheng was already in front of He Yan's room. He looked at Xiao Jue as if he wanted to say something.

Xiao Jue closed the door of He Yan's room to prevent the wind from blowing in. Then, she looked at He Yunsheng and asked, "Do you have something to say to me?"

He Yunsheng swallowed his saliva.

He used to idolize Xiao Jue. Most likely, all the young men in Shuo City were like him. When did he change? It was probably when He Yan took the blame for killing Fan Cheng on the Chunlai River and led the soldiers away by himself. He Yunsheng suddenly realized that it was useless to just idolize others. Only when he was strong could he protect He Yan, He Sui, and the people he wanted to protect. Instead of focusing on people far away, he would rather spend more effort to improve himself.

Later, He Yan came back and became Marquis Wu An. He even brought back a fiancé.

This fiancé just had to be Xiao Jue.

He Yunsheng actually did not have any enmity towards Xiao Jue. The so-called resistance he showed came from He Yan's nervousness. He Yan almost lost his life for Fan Cheng. Who knew if Xiao Jue was another Fan Cheng? No one could say for sure.

But today, he saw that when He Yan fainted, Xiao Jue stayed by He Yan's bed. She wiped her hands and dried her medicine. She never left. He thought that Xiao Jue must like his sister. Moreover, this love was deeper than he and He Sui imagined.