give up give up give up

Being called to the office of the company CEO is never a good thing. Rain couldn't help how nervous he was. The only thing keeping him calm was Phayu standing next to him. The whole way there Phayu did his best to continuously reassure Rain, but the younger was too keyed up. When they walked in, Yuna had already been there chatting with the CEO.

"Rain, Phayu, welcome. Please take a seat." The CEO said, motioning towards the empty chairs. Rain nodded, sitting down slowly. Phayu however chose to stand next to Rain's chair, leaning against it.

"Is everything okay Mr. Lom?" Yuna said, her posture shifting a bit. Now she was nervous too. Phayu did his best to hide his smile, but it was hard. His father cleared his throat, folding his hands together on the desk in front of him.

"Not from what I've heard." He said, leaning back in his chair, looking at Yuna. "Would you like to guess why?"

Yuna shifted uncomfortably in her seat, looking over at Rain. Rain however had his eyes down in his lap, refusing to look up. She looked up at Phayu, who simply returned the look with an icy glare. A shiver ran down her spine at the look, licking her lips nervously.

"I have no idea sir. I wasn't aware of anything being wrong." She replied, struggling to keep her voice even. Phayu rolled his eyes, moving his hand down to Rain's shoulder. He squeezed his shoulder gently, just to let him know he was there.

"I find that very hard to believe." The CEO said.

"I assure you sir, I was completely unaware that something was wrong. But I would love to be told why I'm here." She said.

"Do you have short term memory loss?" He asked, honestly shocked by her response. Phayu couldn't hold back his laugh at the tone from his father. Yuna glared at him, turning her attention back to the CEO.

"I'm sorry sir?" She responded.

"Last week, you left an artist stranded at a closed shoot location, with no way home. He called you multiple times, Phayu called you multiple times, you had no idea where he was." He said. Yuna's eyes widened, looking over at Rain and back to the CEO.

"Sir if I may, Rain told me he had a ride home! He never tried to contact me!" She shouted.

"I did not say I had a ride home!" Rain's head shot up, looking at Yuna. "You never let me speak. You told me you couldn't drive me home and rushed away!"

Phayu grinned, looking over at Yuna. Her eyes were wide, her mouth opening and closing as she struggled to think of a response. Phayu wasn't going to let that happen. He spoke quickly, not giving her a chance to throw any insults at Rain.

"Rain's phone shows he called you at least 5 times. He even sent you text messages. When I called you, you told me that same story. Turns out he walked until he found a taxi and got home. In the morning, you should have seen those messages. Did you just choose to ignore them?" Phayu asked. His voice was low, and the grip on Rain's shoulder got a bit tighter. He was angry, and it was getting harder to hide it.

"I assure you, Nong Phayu, that I didn't have any messages or missed calls from Rain. However I have plenty from you." Yuna spat.

"I'll keep this short and sweet." The CEO said, setting down a file folder, filled with papers that he had pulled from a drawer in his desk. He slipped it closer to Yuna before leaning back into his chair.

"You no longer work for me. That file is filled with complaints from vendors, clients, and artists, all about you. A rude attitude can be fixed. Abandoning an artist and not even bothering to check on him the next day? That is unacceptable. Now, leave while I'm still being nice." He glared at her, his voice powerful and leaving no room for arguing.