Ch.1 Beginning, Hopes, and Dreams

Mrs. Lee: Scarlett, have you finished packing?

Scarlett: Almost done, Eomma.

Mrs.Lee: I'm not sure how you define almost, but to me, it does not look like you're almost done.

Scarlett: Hehe I will pack after I come back tonight.

Mrs. Lee: We have to ship everything this weekend. You better finish packing by then.

Scarlett: Eomma, you're going to help me right?

Mrs. Lee slightly rolled her eyes at her beloved daughter.

Scarlett: I love you, eomma! I'll be back by 12 tonight, see you!

Mrs. Lee: Where are you going?

Scarlett: The dance crew is throwing a farewell party for me.

Mrs. Lee: Tell us if you need picking up.

Scarlett blew her mother a flying kiss, and left the house.

.

Scarlett Lee, or otherwise known as Lee Jiwoo, a Korean-American - born and raised in LA, USA. She's about to leave her home of 16 years and move to where her parents came from, South Korea. She's sad that she's leaving LA, the place where she grew up and made amazing memories. But she's also thrilled about starting a new journey in Korea. She visits Korea every year to see her grandparents and extended family, so Korea isn't foreign to her. She's excited about reconnecting with her cultural background, excited to meet new friends, excited to be able to spend more time with her lovely grandparents. And most importantly, she's exhilarated to fully immerse herself in the dance culture in Korea.

She was 3 when she first danced. She started with ballet, then also learnt jazz and contemporary, but street dance was what made her fall in love with dancing. And as the influence of Kpop grew in America, she also became increasingly interested in Kpop dance. Her love for dancing and exposure to a wide range of dance styles has led her to aspire to be a choreographer.

The first thing she did after she settled down in Korea, was to look for dance classes she could attend.

And it was there, she met Sung Hanbin, the 18-year-old dancer and aspiring idol.

Scarlett noticed that they often attended the same dance classes. His amazing dance skills caught her eye. His clean and controlled movements were mesmerising and she often found herself lost in his performances.

After three months, Scarlett finally gathered up her courage to go up to Hanbin and strike up a conversation.

Scarlett: Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Scarlett Lee. I've seen you around a lot.

Hanbin: Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Sung Hanbin. I also remember seeing you a lot in classes. You're a great dancer.

Scarlett: You took words right out of my mouth.

The corner of her lips raised, knowing that the boy also recognised her.

They were naturally drawn to each other because of their common passion, and grew closer and closer day by day. They admired each other for their dancing skills and abilities, and enjoyed each other's companionship on the road of pursuing their dreams. They found someone who fully understood themselves; they found their missing half of their souls.

.

Hanbin: I'm so nervous.

Scarlett: Do you want me to look at the letter first?

The two were staring at an email from DIMA, a renowned college in Korea specialised in media and arts. Hanbin applied to their Kpop major and was waiting for a response from them.