Ch.2 Goodbye

Hanbin: How's school so far?

Scarlett: So far so good. It's nice to meet a group of people with similar dreams. We can all easily empathise with the struggles and hardships that each other has been through.

Hanbin: That's what I felt too when I first started.

Scarlett: But you are taking all the attention away from me.

Hanbin: What do you mean?

Scarlett: Ever since people found out that we're close, they wouldn't stop asking about you. "Scarlett, can you introduce me to Hanbin sunbae?", "Sunbae's so cool. Does he have a girlfriend?"

Hanbin: What did you tell them then?

Scarlett: I told them "He's a trainee, so he can't really date." And then they would think I'm gatekeeping you.

Hanbin: Maybe I should come to your classroom and say hi sometime.

Scarlett: Why? Do you actually want me to introduce you to them?

Hanbin: No, but they will stop pestering you with questions if they meet me.

Scarlett: Don't. You have no idea how much danger you'll be in.

Hanbin: Hahahaha they're not going to eat me up.

Scarlett: Oh, you have no idea what they are capable of.

Maybe in some sense, Scarlett really was trying to gatekeep Hanbin from her classmates.

Hanbin: Jiwoo-ya, the department talent show is coming up. Do you want to team up for a performance? We could choreograph a duo piece and perform it together.

Scarlett: Really? You want to do it with me?

Hanbin: I want to perform with you once.

Scarlett: Ya... only once?

Hanbin: That's not what I meant. It's just... you never know when we'll have another chance to perform together.

Although Scarlett and Hanbin both attend a lot of dance classes together and they spend a lot of free time in the dance studio choreographing and practising together, they never really had a chance to perform together in front of an actual audience.

Scarlett: It's almost impossible for us to lose.

Hanbin: You're that confident?

Scarlett: Because I have you with me, my confidence is through the roof.

Hanbin: We should come up with a team name.

Scarlett: Ummm. Hanbin and Jiwoo... How's binu (soap in Korean)?

Hanbin: It sounds a bit weak...

Scarlett: Then what should we call ourselves?

Hanbin: What does Scarlett mean in English?

Scarlett: It really just means 'red'.

Hanbin: Ohh really? Red... How does 'pat (red bean in Korean)' sound? You know, like red and bean.

Scarlett: ...Are you kidding me, Sung Hanbin? You literally just said 'soap' sounds weak, and you want to name us 'red bean'?

Hanbin: At least it's going to leave an impression. Plus, both of us love red bean.

Scarlett: Aii okay... I can't really think of a better name anyway.

They chose a song that matched their vibes perfectly, then started choreographing as soon as they signed up to the talent show. They came up with a piece that incorporated different dance styles, including Hanbin's specialty - waacking and tutting, and also made sure that it could showcase their chemistry. They revised and polished their choreography until they were both completely satisfied with it.