Chapter 3: Little Brother

A week flew by, Ariana and the disguised princes sat themselves down. The curtains opened which had the audience applaud. It started with a girl that was a princess that's locked in a tall tower. Eric's character, a valiant knight, was going to save her, but he had to slay a dragon first.

After about an hour, the play came to end which had the audience applaud. The actors held each other's hands and bowed.

Ariana, Eric, and the princes were going outside to go to the limo. "You did well." Keith said rubbing on top of Eric's head. "I had no idea that you could express so much expression more than usual." Joshua said. "You're a good actor." Glenn said. "You're amazing!" Alan said. "Thank you, big brothers." Eric said.

Roberto rose Eric up onto his shoulders. "Here's a shoulder ride for your accomplishment." Roberto said. Eric was amazed at the high scenery. "This is so cool!" Eric said. "You stole the show away." Edward said. "We'd like to come to all of your plays." Wilfred said. "Yes! I would love that!" Eric said.

Ariana was observing all the princes of how they were treating her little brother, and smiled to herself. "This is good for him; he's experiencing what it feels like to have brothers." Ariana said. She was fighting back her happiness tears because she was so happy for her little brother.

Alan came over to her. "Ariana, are you alright?" Alan asked. She snapped out of her thoughts. "Yeah, it's just Eric... He looks so happy with his six older brothers and that makes me happy." Ariana said. "If he's happy, then I'm happy. That's what you're trying to say?" Alan asked. She nodded.

Shortly after, they were all in the limo on their way home. "Ariana, you've been silent this whole time. Is there perhaps something on your mind?" Edward asked. "I'm fine and I wanted to say this earlier. Eric... I'm so proud of you. You're such an amazing actor. I can't wait to see you in more plays." Ariana said. "Big sister..." Eric said. "You're very lucky to have such a caring big sister." Roberto said. "Of course I care. Eric means the world to me. I wouldn't know what to do without him. I love him so much and I'm going to continue to support him as his responsible big sister." Ariana said. All of the princes had surprised expressions. "I love you too, big sister." Eric said. She smiled and gently rubbed the top of his head.

A few days later, it was the day off. Ariana and Eric were out in the garden, looking around. They were holding hands and were impressed by the whole scenery. "This is such a huge garden! I've never seen anything like it!" Eric said. "It is beautiful." Ariana said. "You know what's beautiful, big sister?" Eric asked. "What?" Ariana asked. He hugged her. "You are." Eric said.

She hugged him back. "Thank you, you're so sweet to me." Ariana said. "You know, big sister... When you're not around, I hear all of our big brothers talk about you." Eric said. "Really? What do they say?" Ariana asked. "Big brother Wilfred, big brother Edward, and big brother Roberto all say that you're REALLY cute, and big brother Glenn's face turns red when they say that and big brother Joshua says he wants to get to know you more and big brother Keith does too. They all want to get to know you, because they noticed that you're quiet around them." Eric said. "R-Really..? They don't think I'm weird?" Ariana asked blushing. "Nope. They just want you to feel like you can trust them as your big brothers. Just like me, I trust you as my big sister." Eric said.

She smiled at him and stoked the top of his head. "What would I do without you?" Ariana asked and giggled. He gave her his brightest smile.

Many nights passed, the princes left to do their official duties. It was just Ariana and Eric playing with Alan. "Ariana, our big brothers are wondering if you were ok. You're always quiet around them and they don't know why." Alan said. "My big sister is shy. She's still nervous that she has six older brothers now." Eric said. "Is that true?" Alan asked. "I wouldn't say I'm nervous around them. Maybe just... Intimidated." Ariana said. "How come?" Alan asked. "Well... I've never had older brothers before and they're all princes. I'm just... A regular person with nothing interesting." Ariana said. "That's not true!" Eric said. "Yeah! They were all interested when you said what classes you were taking, that you were a black belt in karate, and that you can drive a car. They all like you and if you give a chance to talk to them... You won't feel like this anymore." Alan said. "Alan... Eric..." Ariana said. "Lady Ariana, come with me for a minute." Theo said at the doorway. "I'll be right back." Ariana said and left the room with Theo.

The two of them were near the bottom of the stairs. "You raised enough money to buy yourself the car you mentioned to me." Theo said. "Really?! This makes me so happy!" Ariana said. "Follow me." Theo said.

They both went outside and Ariana's eyes widen. "It's... The car I wanted!" Ariana said. "You now have the full privilege to drive as you please." Theo said. She was so happy that she hugged him. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Ariana said.

He blushed but kept himself under control. "Y-You're welcome. Now... Will you please let go of me?" Theo asked. "Sorry, I was caught up in the moment." Ariana said breaking the hug. "Cute if you ask me." Theo said and quickly covered his mouth with his hand. "No, don't be embarrassed. It was just a slip out, I understand. Thank you for the compliment." Ariana said. "You're too nice for your own good." Theo said. "I know... I don't mean to be nicer, but you're a pretty great butler. I'm glad Zain passed you." Ariana said. "Same here. You make it fun." Theo said. "You're not only my butler, but you're also my friend." Ariana said. "Really?" Theo asked. "Yeah. Eric and I appreciate what you've done so far. You're only a year younger than me, but you're such a hard worker." Ariana said. "Don't flatter me too much." Theo said blushing. "Sorry. Sorry." Ariana said and laughed.

It was the day that the princes were returning to come back home, but they would arrive in the evening. Ariana was wandering through the hallways, looking for a certain someone. "Where is he?" Ariana asked.

She went to Alan's room. "Alan, have you seen Eric?" Ariana asked. "No." Alan said. "Alright..." Ariana said and continued her search. "He's not in his own room and he's not in Alan's room. Where'd he go?" Ariana asked herself. "Lady Ariana!" Zain said coming quickly towards her. "Zain? What's wrong?" Ariana asked. "Young Master Eric... Collapsed in the gardens." Zain said. Her eyes widen at the news and ran as fast as she could to the gardens.