Chapter 8: Beloved

The day of her procedure was closing in. She dialed a phone number on her phone and waited for the other line to pick up. "This is Noble Michel hospital, this is May speaking, how may I help you?" She asked over the phone. "Hi. This is Ariana. May I speak to my younger brother, Eric please?" Ariana asked. "Oh hi Ariana! Of course you can! Please wait a moment." She said and the call got interrupted for a moment.

She waited a short time until she heard the call pick back up again. "Hello? Big sister?" Eric asked over the phone. "Hi Eric. How are you feeling?" Ariana asked. "I'm ok. What about you?" Eric asked. "I'm... Ok too." Ariana answered. "Good! I heard that I'll be getting out so since someone offered to donate to me! Isn't that great news?" Eric asked. "Y-Yeah..." Ariana answered. "I guess the doctor didn't tell him it's me..." Ariana thought. "When I get out of here, can you promise me something?" Eric asked. "Of course. Anything." Ariana said. "Will you promise to spend a whole day with just you and me? I really miss being with you." Eric said. She smiled. "Of course. I'll take you out for ice cream." Ariana said. "Yay! I can't wait!" Eric said. "Don't worry, Eric. You will be out really soon." Ariana said fighting back her tears. "Yup! Oh! How are our big brothers doing?" Eric asked. "They're doing well. They've missed you too and they're eager for you to come home." Ariana said. "Really? Wow! I hope they'll give me a present!" Eric said. "Eric... Remember what I said about that." Ariana said. "Oh! Yeah... It's better to give than receive. You told me that several times." Eric said and laughed. "Yeah. If you don't expect something, then you won't feel disappointment. Instead, you will get something when you least expect it." Ariana said. "Uh huh! Hey... Big sister..." Eric said. "What is it?" Ariana asked. "I love you!" Eric said. "I love you too." Ariana said. "I'll see you real soon, ok?" Eric asked. "Ok. See you soon." Ariana said and hung up.

Knowing that she was going through the procedure, the princes went with her to the hospital. They all put on a brave face since they couldn't help but feel worried about her. "You're such a strong girl, Ariana." Keith said. "Good luck." Glenn said. "Thank you..." Ariana said. "We'll be here rooting for you!" Roberto said. "Remember to breathe so you can calm your nervous just a little bit." Joshua said. "I will." Ariana said. "We'll also watch out for Eric." Wilfred said. "You do not need to worry about anything." Edward said. "Thank you. I need to be going now. I'll see you all when I get back." Ariana said walked away. She tried to remain strong but on the inside... She was terrified. The one reason that kept her going was... For her precious younger brother.

She got changed into hospital clothing and laid on the bed. She looked at the time and sighed. "They'll be coming soon..." Ariana said. She was remembering the good times she had with her little brother.

'My name is Eric and I am 10 years old. I love being in my school plays. I love playing racing games, and when I grow up I want to be a racecar driver.'

'Roberto rose Eric up onto his shoulders. "Here's a shoulder ride for your accomplishment." Roberto said. Eric was amazed at the high scenery. "This is so cool!" Eric said. "You stole the show away." Edward said. "We'd like to come to all of your plays." Wilfred said. "Yes! I would love that!" Eric said.'

'"It is beautiful." Ariana said. "You know what's beautiful, big sister?" Eric asked. "What?" Ariana asked. He hugged her. "You are." Eric said.

She opened her eyes and had tears coming down. "Don't worry, Eric. Your big sister will save you..." Ariana said and wiped her eyes.

Soon after, the doctor came into the room. "It's time." The doctor said. She looked down and nodded. "I'm ready whenever you are..." Ariana said. "Very well. Nurses, if you will." The doctor said. The nurses unlocked the wheels on her bed and rolled her bed with her in it out of the room.

Outside the operating room where Ariana was in, the princes were waiting nearby. A little later, the light on the operating room went off. At the same time, all the princes stood up and went over to the door.