💧 A Final Farewell 💧

"(Y/N)-chaaaaaan!!!!"

A young woman with (h/l) (h/c) hair lifts her head from the oval-shaped table when she heard the door being slammed open. Her tired (e/c) eyes stares back at the person who called out to her. Blinking away her sleepiness, she mutters, "I'm here... What's up?"

The other person, a woman looking the same age as our protagonist, marches up to her with hands placed on her hips. "Mou, you can't still be sleepy at this time of the day! It's already noon!"

"Makayla..." (Y/N) rubs her eyes. "It's really not the right time..."

"But I still have a lot to tell you about anime! Before I forget everything! You said you wanna help me memorize everything before I put them all in books!"

"Go and bother Drake or Ryder for that..." She makes a shooing hand gesture as her head lands back on her arms on the table. "I'm tired..."

"I only got up till Your Lie in April the last time, didn't I?" the brunette continues, ignoring her friend. "I've already done My Hero Academia, Black Clover, Fairy Tail, Naruto, One Piece..." And she goes on and on with her list of anime which is like...what? Hundreds of them? How do humans in her previous world even make all those?

(Y/N)'s face scrunches up because of the headache she is feeling. She didn't get much sleep the previous night, no thanks to the higher-ups of the organization she is in. As a member of an organization that prioritizes the safety of the world from the darkness that threatens them, she needs to ensure that she does a job well done in protecting her assigned area. Her shift went on well until late at night the day before, that by the time she came back to her dorm room, the sun had peeked out of the horizon.

"I still need to do Tokyo Revengers, Tokyo Ghoul, Seraph of the End, Assassination Classroom, Bungou Stray Dogs, Free...."

Makayla can't possibly be going on about this...

Don't get her wrong. She genuinely loves everything that the brunette tells her about every anime. With her amazing storytelling, the (h/c)-nette can actually picture what goes on in every scene of the story that the girl saw with her own eyes. And that is not even mentioning the fact that she is a great illustrator. But her headache is really going to kill her at this rate...

Knock knock!

The door opens up again to reveal a lax-looking young man. The lazy smile that is constantly adorning his face changes to a wider one which crinkles up his yellow eyes. "I thought I heard your voice, Makayla, and who else would you talk about those anime of yours to except (Y/N)-san?"

His gaze lands upon said woman. "I'm so sorry to interrupt your nap, (Y/N)-san, but Drake-san is calling for you."

She doesn't mean to, of course, but she sends the man a sharp glare before mumbling incoherently as she drags her feet towards the door. When the door slams shut behind her, the man, Eradon, and Makayla stare blankly at it.

"She's in a bad mood..."

"Well..." Makayla sweatdrops. "I did bother her... And she came home late from her shift, so..."

"Ah..."

•••

Knock knock!

"Come in."

The door of the study creaks open to reveal a grumpy young woman with eyebags under her vibrant (e/c) eyes. Once inside, she closes the door and drags her feet towards the table in the middle of the room.

"You can't choose anyone else, Drake?" she grumbles as she rubs her tired eyes.

Drake, a silver-blue haired young man, looks up from his work. An apologetic smile lifts the corners of his lips. "I'm so sorry for interrupting your rest. But I just received reports that a foreign, ominous energy was sensed about 89 kilometers southeast from here. This is something that I trust only you to handle. Can you do it?"