💧 The World Where One's Life Can Never Be Guaranteed 💧

Even after withdrawing herself outside of the world, her tears are not stopping. They roll off her (s/t) cheeks although she desperately tries to wipe them away. Yet, nobody says anything to her. She dares not to look at their faces. She doesn't want to see the pity in their eyes, and neither does she want to see her mentor's face even if she is sure that he most probably has a blank look on his face.

It isn't until Blivaris comes to place a comforting hand on her shoulder does she lift her gaze into the woman's eyes. There is sadness in them, and understanding. But no sign of pity.

"Come," she says. "It is time for you to go."

(Y/N) heaves a deep breath, and slowly exhales. "Right. Sorry."

"Don't be."

When she stands in front of the huge archway, she finds that a bright multi-coloured light has filled the whole portion of it. Behind her, stands all the other people in the room at a safe distance. She casts one last look at them, nods and with a deep breath, steps into the light.

•••

Everything is wet. Literally.

From her hair, her clothes, her sandals, her body, everything is drenched in water. Luckily, it is not in the middle of the night or she will be wandering around town, shivering.

Well, we meet again with our main character it seems. But...there is something different about her... What is it, though? Can it be... She looks younger! How can this be?! What happened to her?!

Well, let's turn back the clock for us to know what exactly made (Y/N) look younger than she originally was...

Fifteen years past in the Taisho Era...

The cries of a baby resonates within the walls of a small cottage in the middle of a quaint town by a river. The residents of the house are all in a fuss for the newborn baby.

But eventually, the baby calms down, allowing the father to name his child...

"(Y/N). (Y/N) of the (S/N) family." The father smiles. "Welcome to our household, little one."

The baby is indeed our main character, reincarnated into the Demon Slayer universe with her memories still intact. So imagine her surprise to re-experience being born into the world. When she first went through the portal, she definitely didn't expect this turn of events.

And like all babies, she cannot utter a single word. Only incomprehensible coos escape her mouth and that somewhat irritates her.

Well, her only choice is to just re-experience growing up again. It can't be that hard to imitate a child, right? She has done multiple disguises and acts in the past, so what's this compared to all those high-staked missions?

Years pass, and before she knows it, she is already physically 10 years old, where her father decides to bring her to an old hut deep within the woods that surrounds the village. After a bit of snooping around the house, the child finds out that her father used to be a member of the Demon Slayer Corps until the moment he met her mother in a certain village where he was assigned to take care of. Since he now has a family, he decided back then that he doesn't want to risk any one of his wife or his children's lives to demons. No wonder she found all those wisteria trees around the house...

Back to the story, the moment they reach the hut, she meets a kindly old man with a long, pointed beard and eyes that twinkle and crease as if his smile never ceases. However, this elderly, seemingly skinny man is someone that shouldn't be underestimated in the slightest. Why?