💧 Encounter 💧

The house is silent. As if nobody is living in it. But someone is inside. A lonesome 15-year-old girl is sitting in front of a table, writing a letter silently. Outside, the sun is almost setting. But she makes no move to light up a candle.

It isn't long until the sun disappears beneath the horizon. Yet (Y/N) doesn't budge from her spot at all. The whole place is dark, exposing her to the threat of demons roaming the night. But she doesn't care. She has her Nichirin blade right by her side. She can protect herself if need be. But in the off chance that an Upper Moon comes by... Well, she'll cross the bridge when she comes to it.

(Y/N)'s hand stops moving. She puts down her brush and starts rolling up her letter before tying it up with a string. She whistles a certain tune to which her Kasugaigarasu instantly flies to her side. She ties the letter to Chiyo's leg and whispers certain words to her, before the crow disappears behind a swirl of black feathers.

(Y/N) sighs. The night has been silent. Not even a single cricket is chirping outside. There is no wind to rustle the leaves of the trees. As for the town... The small town is long since been deserted because of an incident with a raging demon, a few months following her parents' death.

She is alone, which is a dangerous thing considering the creatures that roam the night. But she likes silence. She likes peace. The demons be damned. She is a Demon Slayer. She can kill them.

Her hand strokes the scabbard in which her Nichirin blade is placed in. Back in her old life, she had never favoured close-range combat. She disliked touching a sword, partly because it is heavy to carry around, and partly because wielding a sword means she will have to see the face of her victim up close as she kills them. And she hated that with all her heart.

Even now, there is still loathing and contempt in the way she wields her sword. At times, she considers requesting for a change in weapons. But she holds it off. She will wait and see how she fares with a katana. Say that she remains resentful, only then will she switch to a long-range weapon.

But so far, she is fine with using a katana. The demons disappear like ashes after she kills them. They don't have humanoid emotions, most of them. So her heart has never wavered up till now.

Besides, her family in this life seems to love the prospect of her wielding a sword instead of another customized weapon. Even if they are no longer living, she still values their thoughts. But really, using a katana isn't that bad.

A caw of a crow pulls (Y/N) out of her thoughts. With another swirl of black feathers, her Kasugaigarasu reappears in front of her with a note attached to her leg. She looks proud as she puffs out her chest, leaping closer towards her owner to show off her job well done. The girl can only shake her head as a small smile quirks the corners of her lips before she unties the roll of parchment from Chiyo's leg.

(Y/N), she reads after unrolling the paper to read its contents. Her eyes cannot help but stray further down, where she notes that this letter is not written by only one person. The handwritings differ the lower down she goes.

The letter managed to reach us without a hitch. We are all glad to hear that you are able to adapt to your new lifestyle as a Demon Slayer. Now, using close-range weapons isn't so bad, right?

Pardon the messiness... Ferien stole the quill from me.

(Y/N) sweatdrops. "That cold guy can be that childish?"

(Y/N), in regards to your question, it is still in discussion between us five, whether or not you can create a Breathing Style of your own. As of now, you are utilizing the Breath of Thunder and your body is compatible with it, am I correct? You are well informed of the Demon Slayer universe's characters. I do not doubt that you know that Uzui Tengen, the shinobi and future Sound Hashira creates the Breath of Sound, a derivation of the Breath of Thunder.