Chapter Eleven

Note: Update! Honesty completely forgot about this. Haven't been on Wattpad in ages. I don't feel like re-reading or freshening up my memory on the Crows, so hopefully I didn't throw it off too bad. That being said: Enjoy!

It was the next morning. And though their mission the day before was a success, Jesper had barely slept. Something was on his mind that caused this body to toss and turn and for sleep to never come. The sun was bright and his eyes were still open when he finally decided sleep was useless and rose. He decided he needed a drink, despite the sun only rising. It was 5 o'clock somewhere was a popular saying in the bars.

Jesper made his way to the streets. Finding a bar open at this time was difficult but not impossible. So he twisted and turned down streets in search of the closed signed flipped to open on a door or in the window. Closed. Closed. Closed. Jesper sighed in defeat and decided he would just turn back and head to the Crow Club. Perhaps he would find Kaz and finally get an explanation for why they had to break a Fjerdan soldier out of Hellgate yesterday.

When he turned on his heel he immediately froze seeing the sign that hung directly in front of him. The sign that told him he was at the same place he was not that long ago. The same place where he painted the floor with the blood of a man. The same place where he ran into-

Suddenly the door of the Inn was thrown open in a hurried rush. A mess of orange came fumbling out the door, adjusting their coat and a bag being thrown over their shoulder. He was about to break into a sprint if not for the 6-foot wall that was not there before. In a dizzy mess, he reached to grab the bag that had fallen off his shoulder and then went to stand up. He froze when he realized that the 6-foot wall had not been a wall at all but was a person.

"I'm sorry, I'm late for work and," Wylan rambled as he climbed back to his feet, the bag back over his shoulder. "I should have been looking where I was going. It was completely my fault and I apologize."

"That's an interesting way to say hello." Wylan froze. It was a voice he recognized. Slowly his eyes trailed up the wall - the person - and recognized the features, dark skin and stylish hat instantly.

"You..." He was at a loss for words.

"Me," Jesper said and sent one of his famous smiles.

"Did they work?" Wylan asked without a beat to spare.

"They did," Jesper's smile grew wider, "They put on quite the show."

"I knew they would," Wylan returned the smile only then to remember why he had been in such a rush moments before and his smile dropped. "Now if you'd excuse me, I'm late for work."

Wylan went to step around him, but Jesper had other plans, "The Tannery right?"

"Yes?" Wylan said, questioning how he knew that only to remember seconds later the Tannery was where he had handed the flash bombs over to Jesper.

"Let me walk you there."

"You don't have to-"

"I insist."

It was awkward at first, walking side by side without a word. But slowly they began engrossed in a conversation, one about the way the bombs had lit up like fireworks. Jesper couldn't help but express how impressed he was with the way they had worked. But Wylan being Wylan could not take the compliment.

"It's simple really, it's just physics."

Jesper moves to walk in front of Wylan, backwards towards the way they were going, "Just physics? You should have seen the way they blinded those guards, that was art."

Wylan can't help but smile, warmth rising in his cheeks turning them a rose colour, which fades quickly when Jesper's back hits a wall. An oof escapes his lips.

"What?" Jesper asks his brows furrowing together at the look on Wylan's face. The blush long gone and replaced with more of a scared expression. "What's wron-"

"Jesper." Walls don't speak. Right? Right. Jesper slowly turns to meet the man he hit.

"Kaz!" Jesper perks up, "Funny meeting you here." He says as he reaches to fix Kaz's jacket where it had been wrinkled from Jesper running into him.

Kaz had been standing outside of the Tannery for far too long, his leg was starting to kill him as now he was leaning heavily on his cane.

"There is a ship waiting for us at the harbour," Kaz says, walking past them, not bothering to look back to see if Jeaper has chosen to follow him.

"Wylan you too."

With a quick shared glance they follow him.

I"ll fix this later, just not feeling it, only wanted to update. Sorry it's nothing exciting.