♠️Naomi♠️

I found out his name was Zion and he was twenty three years old. He was five years older than me.

I picked up the opened the container of ointment and placed it on the mattress before pointing to the pack of chips, well the heap of chips in the corner.

“Help yourself." He walked over and grabbed a pack while I scooped a handful of the ointment into my hands. I crinkled my noise at the repauling smell.

“Who were those people?" Zion sat down beside me. “Why where they chasing us?" I heaved a sigh trying to muster courage to apply the ointment on my open wound.

You where able to shoot down six men today but you can't apply simply ointment, tsk pathetic.

My subconsciousness shook it head in disappointment. “Why aren't you answering my questions?, Don't I deserve to know something m-my fri-," I groaned in annoyance.

“I would answer one question a day so make it count." I said sternly. He fiddled with the black shirt I gave him making my annoyance pique.

“Who where does people?" He finally spoke. “They work for a terrible man who eats human flesh," I looked at the ointment that started melting in my hands dreading the fact that I had to apply it.

“That wasn't a clear answer, but why does the man eat human flesh?" I rolled my eyes at the fact that he took my sarcastic comment seriously.

“Well that all you get." I flinched as the ointment stung the cut on my cheek. “Do you need help?" He reached for my cheek but I quickly grabbed his hand with me free one and squeezed it.

“Ouch!" he winced in pain holding his hand and glaring at me. “I was just trying to hel-", “Well, I still don't trust you so for both our sakes keep your distance." I got up smearing the ointment on the caves wall.

Fuck it, I don't need this shit anyway.

I went to the corner throwing clothing aside. “Where is it?" I mumbled to myself. “Why didn't you leave me out there in the wild?, Why did you come back for me?".

I looked up to see Zion not so far from me. He kind of looked hot as struggled to put his hair out of his eyes.

“Here," I gave him a rubber band and pulled out a blanket, laying it on the ground. “I only answer one question a day, now go get some sleep, I'll stay on the blanket."

He looked adamant about it. “It's your cave so you sleep on the mattress," I clicked my tongue impatiently.

“I don't like when people disagree with my order, you stay on the mattress and that's final." I laid on the blanket facing the wall.

“Goodnight," Zion said but I ignored him. He said and what followed was the sound of the mattress.

I opened my eyes staring at the wall. I took in how the moon shown through the water and casted my shadow on the wall.

The glowsticks where not so bright and I intentionally didn't put much in this corner so I could sleep.

This is all my fault.

He was never meant to get involved.

I closed my eyes listening to his soft breathing. “I'm sorry," I whisper.