- 5. | 𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲

please remember to vote and comment !
helps the story, and it helps me to update faster ! ❤️

______________

"Y/N, c'mon, you gotta get up,"

Your best friend stands in the doorway of your bedroom. She looks at you with a bit of frustration, but there was some underlying sympathy there. It was clear she was worried for you- - after all, you've been lying in bed for the past two days, just sulking in the darkness.

The blankets were your security. The dark was calming. There hasn't been much of an appetite in your stomach, so you really haven't eaten much, either.

Being alone was honestly all you wanted right now. You've already taken off work the past two days, and of course, your best friend didn't hear from you in a couple of days either, so, naturally, she showed up.

"I can't." You frown up at the ceiling.

She sighs, slightly frustrated with your dramatics. Pushing off of the doorframe, her figure moves over to your bed, and takes a seat on the edge. "Look, I'm sorry Fizz didn't pick you. But you can't just lay here all weekend. You're better than that."

She did have a point. Sulking wasn't going to solve anything. It was just hard watching the demon you idolized turn you down because of one mess up on stage you made. He didn't even want to call you from the start.

You weren't anybodies first choice for anything. So why the hell did you expect to be Fizzarolli's?

"It just sucks," you sigh, sitting up slowly to collect yourself. Holding the side of your head in your hands, she nods over at you with understanding. "I wanted to be there so bad."

"I know you did. But, there's other chances. Better places, too!" Her smile is contagious, it always has been. You manage to smile weakly back at her in attempt to feel better.
"Just because one place didn't want you there, doesn't mean you're bad at what you do. They just didn't know what they lost."

You nod. "Right," except, it was Ozzie's. Of course they knew what they lost. In their words, they lost a clumsy demon who can't dance.
"Thanks f/n."

Your friend stands from the side of the bed, and smiles softly down to your frame. Her hand rests on her hip. "I gotta go to work, but I left you some takeout on the counter." Her free hand nudges you gently. "Try to cheer up a bit."

You take a small stand, and smile. "Aw, you didn't."

"Course I did, bitch." She laughs, guiding your frame out of the bedroom.

As the two of you travel into the kitchen, you watch as she picks up her purse and zips up the jacket she wore. "I'll text you later." Her smile fades. You nod in agreement, watching as she gets ready to depart from your apartment.

"Bye," you give a soft wave, watching as she takes her leave.

A heavy exhale slips from your mouth. You idle there in your empty flat for a moment, just taking everything in. All of the feelings you had, you wanted to just let them go.
Maybe you really could move on from that whole experience.

  Your eyes turn back to the takeout box on the countertop. Now that you were up, your appetite was slowly coming back- - and the scent of the food was just teasing you at this point.

As you take the time to open it up, sit down and unwrap it, you realize your next work shift was today. It started in an hour - - ugh.
Seeing Fizz's animatronic version was going to trigger your emotions again, you just know it. But, you can't just not show up again. Rent is due next week, and you really counted on that paycheck to get you by.