- 7. | 𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐝

I've got big things planned
for this book but idk if
y'all are ready for it 🌚

________________

"Ugh, would you get the fuck over it? It's a clown!"

Your bottom lip quivered up at your mother.

She took her hand and dragged it over her face with a huff of annoyance. There was maybe a tinge of guilt in there, but it went fairly unnoticed. "Y/N, honey. It takes lots and lots of practice to be a clown- - a good clown. And, you're just not there yet."

Your insides felt mushy and there's a warm substance running down your cheek for some reason.
Yeahhh, you should've known better than to talk about clown stuff with your parents.

  You brush off the comment, and shake your head. "But, I-I could be really good, and if I keep trying, I'll get to be as good as Fizzarolli, or even Mamm—"

"Would you stop talking about him! God, it's like listening to a broken record!" She hisses, rolling her eyes at you. Her body turns, and she turns off the heat on the stovetop. "You're just not good enough."

You pause, flinching at the sound of her harsh words. They cut through your skin and settled into your blood; something you'd have to carry around for the rest of your life.

"S . . Sorry," As you pull back, body deflating, you nod simply in acknowledgment to her words.

Maybe . . she was right? You just weren't good enough.

  Tears brim your eyes as you stand on stage with your arms open, listening to the chanting and applause. Lights were flashing, confetti falling from the ceiling, you realized your performance came to an end.

You didn't know you could smile so big. It just, didn't feel natural to you - -

This had to be a dream, right?

The applause meter made it passed ten- - it only needed to be slightly higher than eight for the deal to work.

You actually did it. That means you're going to be staying here for the weekend, working!

"Thank you all so much!" You beam into the microphone. With a final wave, you take your leave off the stage to go find Fizz.
He stands there with wide eyes, watching as you can't running towards him. "I did it! I fucking did it!"

"You did great out there tonight! I can't even believe it," Fizzarolli laughs, looking you over once.

"Sooo?" Your heads tilts at him, a hopeful look in your face. He had to know what you're hinting at.
Fizz got the look, letting out a little huff. "Well, a deals a deal." His eyes roll playfully, a lopsided smirk on his lips. "Guess I've got a new partner."

You couldn't contain yourself. It was actually like almost physically impossible - - your body lunges towards him, and without even giving a second thought, you envelope him in a hug. "Thank you! I won't let you down, I promise!"

His body flinches backward, arms not returning the favor, but instead, giving a sudden look of confusion, and nervousness.

As you let go, your smile faintly starts to drop, watching and seeing his visibly known uncomfortableness. Did . . you maybe go too far?

Fizzarolli's eyes blink a few times at you, and he forces up a smile. "Yeah! N-No problem." His hand waves you off to dismiss the conversation quickly. "So, uh, I heard there were a few parties booking for a private room tonight," he says, looking at you. He pulls out the reservation paper from his pocket, looking down at it.
"Apparently, I'm written down on the schedule to host it. Did you want to join?"