Tunnel of Terror part 2

As the doors slammed shut behind her, Rachael entered a darkness so deep it was as if the world had never known such a thing as vision. The dark interior was beyond blackness, a cave within a cave wrapped in a shroud of velvet.
Only the jostling of the car let Rachael know she was moving. "Penny?" She called out, listening for the sound of another car or the giggles of her friends. "Trish?"
Her words seemed unable to travel beyond the darkness. She heard no answer.
The car spun suddenly, turning sharply to the left and shooting forward. Rachael screamed as she found herself face to face with a grinning skull. The jaws of the skull opened wide, then snapped shut. Rachael grabbed the safety bar to keep from leaping out of her seat.
Before her scream ended, the car spun away, leaving the image burned in her vision as the blackness returned.
Get a grip, she told herself. It's make believe. She felt foolish for screaming. All she'd seen was a piece of plastic shaped like bone. Nothing real. No true terrors. The car lurched again. A man rose up with an ax in his hands.
The scream burst from Rachael's lungs. The car spun back into blackness, then shot almost instantly toward another chamber where a hand thrust up from the ground in front of a tombstone.
Rachael forced her eyes shut. She gripped the bar with both hands and thought about running from the car. Even in her panic, she understood that this would be too dangerous.
"I'll wait," she said. She knew she could get through with her eyes closed.
The car lurched. Through shut lids Rachael sensed a brief flash of brightness. She pulled one hand from the bar and covered her eyes, trying to screen out even the faintest hint of what lay in front of her.
Something brushed her face.
String, she thought. That's all it was. Dangling pieces of string.
Another lurch...
Leading to another flash.