87

It was too much, the pressure, the paparazzi, I just couldn't handle it anymore. The heroes whom were on my team heavily criticised my decision to leave, as did the public but I went through with it anyway, its my life and being the goody goody type was never my style. I'd recently completed a computer sciences degree in my spare time so at the very least i'd have that to eventually fall back on. To be honest, the real reason I quit was over a girl -Flashfire, an amazing, gorgeous woman who had the most astounding fire powers. She could ignite a firefly 200 meters from where she was sitting and she had the most adorable smile. For a while we were just friends but eventually we got to talking and I somehow worked up the courage to ask her out. We dated for roughly a year before we started expanding our superhero team from just the two of us to being a near ten-man squad. We were on fire, stopping crimes left and right. Super villains didn't stand a chance against the Justice Squadron!

But then.... Everything changed. We added a new hero to our ranks, a cocky self-righteous one who went by the name of Thunderbolt. He was handsome enough to steal away my beautiful Flashfire from me. Worst part is that she didn't even break up with me first, they had been going at it behind my back for months. The funniest thing is that we've made a lot of immensely powerful enemies together during our time as caped crusaders but I never could have imagined that the one who'd caused me the most harm would be the one I cared for the most.

Ah to reminisce, memory is such an amazing thing. Do you remember when we used to visit that hotdog stand at MacArby road after every successful mission? You know, the one just down the street from your house. Or when we visited your parents every other week atDaggery boulevard, I hope your mums recovering from her cancer, its a real tough battle, would suck if someone were to find out about you and attack her, I know you two are really close.

Good thing we have our secret identities, isn't that right Melissa? I mean i'm not around to protect you anymore, so I guess its up to that meathead David. Melissa Merry, what a perfect, cheerful name, doesn't match well at all with David Apert.

Now, I hope none of you mind the intrusion, i'm truly sorry for interrupting the Super Bowl for simple reminiscing, I just couldn't help myself!

You've made enemies of a lot of villains, Melissa.

And today, you can add just one more.