Prologue

Before I begin this story, I would like to address that this isn't a Reader x Muichiro fanfic. I am not used to writing in 'Y/n's' POV. I will try to make another book in the future which is a Reader AU. But for now I will be using an OC. That is all I have to say. Hope you enjoy this fanfic!

She was 11 when it happened, when the demon attacked

She was 11 when it happened, when the demon attacked. Naomi lived with her mother in a small cottage isolated from the village. It was lonely, but not the bad kind, more like the peaceful kind of lonely.

 Naomi hated people, they always ignored her and she did the same. Naomi and her mom would occasionally go to the village to get some rations, and everytime they went, Naomi's peaceful environment would become chaotic. The maintenance of peace was crucial of Naomi. If peace was disrupted, Naomi would panic. 

The only thing that would keep Naomi calm was her mothers voice. 'There's nothing to be afraid of Naomi... ' She liked the sound of her mothers voice. It kept her stable.

 Another thing Naomi liked to do was paint. Her mother always encouraged Naomi and praised her for her artistic skills. She had kept all of Naomi's painting hung on the walls of the cottage. 

Everything was fine until Naomi's mother fell sick. She had asked Naomi to collect some herbs for her. 

'It's nowhere near the village so nobody will bother you. Naomi, I know the Sun is setting but I need those herbs.' Her mother said in a raspy voice.

'Okay,' Naomi sighed. 'I will get the herbs, but promise me you won't wait for me to return. You need rest.'

'Don't worry about me. Here, a wisteria pouch. To keep the demons away.' Her mom said with a smile.

'I don't believe in in demons.' Naomi stubbornly replied.

'Well I do, and I want my daughter to be safe.' Her mother then placed the pouch in a bag. 

'Come back soon Naomi.' She said giving her a smile.

'I will.' Naomi returned the same warm smile not knowing that would be the last time she saw her mother alive.

𓅨

The sun had set. Naomi had found the herb her mother needed. The cottage was a few minutes away. Everything was quiet and at peace, just how she liked it. Once she reached home, Naomi noticed that the front door was open and the lights were on.

'Strange.'  She thought. Naomi cautiously took a step into her house. Everything was quiet. As she advanced to her mothers room, Naomi spotted blood on the walls of the hallway. Her heart now threatening to leap out of her mouth, Naomi managed to grab the wisteria pouch from the bag and entered the room. And there it was. A Demon.