Echoes of Water

'I'm going to kill you!' Naomi yelled. 

𓅪

In the midst of their intense battle against the elusive demon, Naomi and Muichiro found themselves locked in a relentless pursuit. Each strike they aimed was met with the demon's uncanny agility, his ability to dodge seemingly unparalleled. Frustration gnawed at them, but they remained undeterred, their determination a beacon in the moonlit darkness.

Amidst the chaos, Muichiro's strike shattered the vase. The demon's reaction was unexpected—anger flared in his eyes, his focus momentarily shifting from evasion to fury. But before they could fully comprehend the situation, the demon summoned reinforcements. Vicious fishes emerged, their needle-like projectiles dripping with poisonous intent.

Chaos erupted as the poisonous needles sliced through the air. Despite their best efforts, the demon slayers found themselves in a deadly crossfire. One of those needles found its mark, puncturing Naomi's side. A searing pain spread through her, and as her vision blurred, the edges of unconsciousness beckoned.

The limit of her endurance had been reached, and with a heavy heart, Naomi succumbed to the darkness, her body giving in to the pain and exhaustion.

In the midst of the turmoil, the swordsmith, and the child named Kotetsu were in the crosshairs of the fishes' deadly aim. Muichiro's instincts kicked in, and he lunged to protect them, his body a barrier against the onslaught of poison-tipped projectiles. The impact was fierce, and the poisonous needles pierced his flesh, causing pain to flare through his body.

But against all odds, Muichiro remained conscious, his willpower unbroken even in the face of agony. His grip on his sword tightened, his resolve unyielding as he faced down the threat before him. The moonlight seemed to gleam off his blade, a reflection of the fierce determination that burned within him.

'Run,' He told them. 'Don't get in my way.'

𓅪

[Muichiro P.O.V]

In the heart of the battle, my focus shifted abruptly from our ongoing clash to the dire situation that had unfolded. Naomi, my steadfast ally, was ensnared within Gyokko's grasp—a helpless captive in the clutches of darkness. Determination surged within me, propelling me forward with a single goal: to free her from his malevolent hold.

My sword sang through the air as I lunged towards Gyokko, my heart pounding with a mix of urgency and resolve. The moonlight cast an eerie glow upon the battlefield, a stark contrast to the tension that hung thick in the air. Each step I took was fueled by an unyielding determination—to rescue Naomi from the grasp of evil, to stand as a beacon of hope against the darkness that threatened to consume her.

But as I moved to engage, Gyokko's sinister laughter echoed through the night. A surge of dread coursed through me, a chilling premonition of the peril that lay ahead. With a gesture that seemed almost casual, Gyokko summoned his blood demon arts—a torrent of water that surged forth with a force that defied nature itself. Before I could react, I found myself ensnared within the water's grasp, encased within a suffocating vase of liquid.

Panic gripped me as the water constricted around me, its suffocating embrace leaving me gasping for air. The moonlight's glow was distorted by the watery prison, casting elongated shadows that danced with the currents. Desperation surged within me as I struggled against the suffocating grip, my efforts met with only resistance.

Gyokko's laughter continued to haunt the air as he tormented me with sadistic glee. The water vase became a prison of torment, each moment stretching into an eternity of anguish. The memories of battles fought and challenges overcome fueled my determination to break free, but each attempt was met with a wall of water that refused to yield.

As the moon continued to cast its glow upon the battlefield, I found myself trapped in a battle of wills—a battle against the relentless power of Gyokko's blood demon arts. The seconds stretched into minutes, each passing moment a testament to my unwavering spirit, my refusal to succumb to the darkness that sought to engulf me.

𓅪

[Third person]

Consciousness gradually returned to Naomi, her surroundings a disorienting blend of distorted shapes and shifting waters. The air felt thick and suffocating, the weight of the water pressing against her body. Moonlight filtered through the liquid, casting an otherworldly glow upon the fluid realm that held her captive.

As awareness settled, memories of the battle and Gyokko's sinister presence resurfaced. Panic surged within her as she realized she was ensnared within a watery trap restricting her breathing. Her movements were confined, each attempt to break free met with the resistance of the water that held her.

The memories of her comrades, their unwavering determination, provided a source of strength amidst the suffocating grip. She pushed against the water's hold, determination burning within her as she fought to free herself. The moonlight's glow seemed to echo her struggle, casting shifting shadows upon the watery prison.

Yet, in the midst of her struggle, something changed. Memories began to stir within her mind, visions of her childhood, her mother. It was as though the water itself held her past, weaving together moments long forgotten. Naomi's gaze turned inward as she found herself reliving moments of her past, like a series of paintings unfolding before her.

She saw herself as a child, laughing in the warm embrace of her mother's arms. The scent of blooming flowers and the soft melody of a lullaby filled the air—a stark contrast to the suffocating water that surrounded her now. The memories were vivid, each scene painted with an emotion that tugged at her heart.

Naomi's eyes shimmered with a mixture of sorrow and nostalgia as she witnessed moments she had cherished—playing in the sunlight, her mother's gentle guidance, the warmth of a home filled with love. Each memory was a brushstroke in the portrait of her past, reminding her of the innocence and joy she had once known.

As the memories continued to unfold, the water's grip seemed to loosen, its suffocating pressure giving way to a bittersweet sense of connection. The moonlight's glow bathed the fluid realm, casting an ethereal light upon the fragments of her past that surrounded her.

'Ice breathing, First Form: Icicle.'

And then, with a final surge of determination, Naomi broke free from the watery prison. Gasping for air, she emerged from the depths, her heart heavy with the weight of the memories she had revisited. The moonlight embraced her, casting a glow upon her as she stood amidst the battlefield.

Yet, as she caught her breath and surveyed her surroundings, her gaze fell upon Muichiro, trapped within a similar watery prison not far away. Panic surged within her once more, her focus shifting to the urgent need to help her comrade. Without hesitation, she drew upon her knowledge of breathing techniques, her mastery of the Breath of Frost guiding her actions.

With a deep inhale, Naomi summoned the power of her ice breathing, channeling it into a forceful exhale directed toward Muichiro's watery prison. Air bubbles escaped her lips, traveling through the liquid and wrapping around him like a lifeline.

Naomi's heart raced as she continued to blow air, her focus unyielding as she watched Muichiro's movements grow less constrained.  

With a final burst of effort, Muichiro broke free from the watery prison, emerging gasping for air. Relief and triumph surged within Naomi as she witnessed his escape, her exhaustion giving way to the power of their shared victory. 

Muichiro was glad he was alive, but the only reason he was, was because

She saved him.