Chapter 1 a spark of magic Part 4 a team United

After naruto got out of bed he had breakfast. He knew kakashi couldn't actually enforce his request for any of them not to have breakfast. Not to mention that even if he could. It would require a lot more than just a training exercise to get someone to puke. Speaking of which. He noticed that his milk was expired and decided to through it away. He then created several hundred shadow clones. Each of which had the task of gathering chakra from various insects across the village with as few people finding out as possible. He didn't feel like letting the entire village know he could do this.

Before the clones went there separate ways they each transformed into what looked like random villagers that were largely unnoticeable. Almost anyone wouldn't be able to tell they were his clones. the only exceptions were those like the hyuga clan that could see they have more chakra then most villagers and could see through the illusion. Naruto then went on his way to the training grounds. Along the way he ran into konohamaru who wanted to be his rival. Though he had to explain to him that to become the hokage he would need popularity along with the power and knowledge of a high ranked ninja. While it wasn't what konohamaru wanted to hear. Naruto managed to teach him shadow clone jutsu and the body flicker technique as a way to make up for bothering him.

Eventually though naruto had arrived. Though He found that hinata arrived slightly after him and it seemed that sasuke arrived early. Though kakashi arrived not long after naruto. Because of this naruto had a feeling that kakashi would reliably be late for everything. He only needed 1 more time to prove it. Kakashi then explained that they each had till noon to take 2 bells from him and whoever didn't have a bell would fail and be forced to be tied to a post to watch him eat. only to return back to the academy afterwards. Naruto could see right through the purpose of this test. It was Cleary about teamwork. He only needed to convince his team. And he had a feeling that hinata would easily agree.

Kakashi "the test begins now". Naruto "this test doesn't add up. If each ninja team has 3 gennin that means either we pass all as a team or we all fail as a team, This means the test is about teamwork". Kakashi (I guess I should have expected he'd figure this out so quickly). Hinata "I'll trust you on this. It all adds up, would you like me to handle kakashi?". Kakashi (for the sake of the team I hope she doesn't mean she's asking if naruto is fine with her actually killing me). Naruto "thanks for the offer but I think either me or sasuke could handle that. And I think sasuke would prefer doing that, I can provide a distraction though if you handle support".

Hinata "then I'll handle support (only because you want me to)". Sasuke "(I don't want to be seen as weak. Though unfortunately naruto has a point. and he actually guessed correctly what I'd prefer to do, he even created a plan). I guess I'll go along with your plan, it's the only realistic chance we have". Kakashi "(although they now pass. I'm curious how strong they currently are. Though I have a feeling I'd regret continuing to that part. I guess I'll just have to trust that feeling, I could have died many times over in the past if I didn't). YOU all, pass".

naruto (why did he say it like that? Like he was angry and potentially going to punish all of us. Then the next second it was in a happy tone. all of that anger was gone within a few seconds, perhaps he is a user of hate that hides his inner rage). Sasuke "not that I'm complaining. But why do we no longer need to fight?". Kakashi "because naruto was correct that the test was about teamwork. In addition to that. Naruto's strategy could potentially kill me at this point in time, even if I'm not the real me". Sasuke (so naruto really has been pretending to be dumb at the academy. I didn't think the rumor was actually true, perhaps he is worthy of being on my team after all).

Naruto (not the real him?. He probably also uses shadow clones. in fact I think I see the real kakashi off in the difference, does this mean he was late or his shadow clone was late? Either way he is technically still late". Kakashi "the test is complete. We start our first mission tomorrow, we should all go home now". Team 7 then went to there respective homes. Though hinata stealthily followed naruto till the last possible moment before she'd be caught by him. However she did go home afterwords.

Kakashi however decided to talk with hiruzen. Hiruzen "I'm guessing there's a reason why you wanted to talk. I'm guessing it's about team 7?". Kakashi "it is. They managed to pass. Though that's not why I'm here. I would have let you know later if it was the case. However. Naruto had a plan that gave me a feeling that I could die if I tested there ability to fight as a group, not to mention the fact that it's a very high risk team".

Hiruzen "considering that trusting your gut is such an important thing for survival as a ninja. Along with your skill and your knowledge of so many jutsu. I'd have to say that naruto could have a talent for strategy. Though you will have to explain why team 7 is a high risk team, I don't know every last detail about each person in the village". Kakashi "I'll start with bigger problems first. First is that sasuke still seems determined to kill his brother. This may cause loyalty issues later. Second is that hinata is a Yandere. I don't know when it happened but it means we need to make sure that naruto isn't in danger or threaten by anyone unless we are willing to accept the death of who knows how many people. Thankfully though it seems that naruto is managing to keep her from doing that".

Hiruzen "I guess for sasuke we could keep teaching him jutsu to buy his loyalty when the time comes. Though for hinata This is an unexpected development. All we can really do about it is inform the major clans to keep risks low and create a contingency plan in the event she goes out of control, is there anything about naruto that makes him a risk factor?". Kakashi "while he doesn't yet know that he's a demigod. He has ambitions involving gaining power equivalent to a demigod. he also is interested in knowledge and the supernatural. even with shadow clones there's no telling what he could do someday, thankfully he is currently loyal to the leaf village".

Hiruzen "I guess we will have to wait and see what becomes of naruto. With any luck he will not turnout like orochimaro, though I hope we don't need to prepare for something like that".