Faith like Potatoes

Faith - Definition - The substance of things hoped for and the belief in things not yet seen.

Fear - Definition - Not of God.

Law - Definition - An invention of man that does not control, define or explain how God works.

Galatians 3: 12 - 14 "The law is not based on faith; on the contrary it says: The person who does these things will live by them. Christ redeemed us from the cause of the law by becoming a curse for us... so that by faith we might receive the promise of the spirit."

To say that I didn't have anything in terms of finances to take care of us would be both correct and incorrect at the same time. I was working but not getting paid due to the HR processes that needed to take place before I could finally be put back on the pay roll regarding my salary. However for me to be back paid until the time of removal, I needed to keep going to work, or the time off would be seen as unpaid leave. This meant I had no money for petrol, food, medical aid or even gynae visits, but the Lord always provides.

Matthew 6: 26 "Look at the birds of the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, yet our heavenly father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" 

At this point I reaffirmed my decision to trust God.

Through all my troubles, worries and problems. I gave Him you, me and our situation. God never fails. Neither is He a man that He would not keep His promises. Its a beautiful thing to learn about hindsight. Gods' plans are so huge that we only see His purpose, the intricate completion of His plans at the end. In our lifetimes, we see only stages, like little puzzle pieces fitting together... and when we see the final product, is when we finally reach that point of understanding... and that is when you truly grasp His awesomeness. That the true "WOW" moment ... and it still continues to amaze me to this day. Its a feeling I just cant get over, how amazing God really is. How He is always working for our good. How He never stops, how much He loves us.

So there I was, working in a Mother and Child Hospital, over an hour away from home, travelling daily with petrol money supplied by your grandfather. I had also been helping around at the Tuck-shop on Saturdays so that I could save up a bit for our gynae appointments. I joined the choir at church, started helping out with the youth and began a bible study at church called 'Perfecting the saints'. I never missed a Sunday service either, I refused to stop going, even until the last day before you were born.

I managed to buy my vitamins to keep you healthy and growing, although I was starting to run low on my chronic medication... and I still had not told your grandparents about you. Your Aunty Shanal was truly a nag about it, and she was right as always (you shouldn't keep secrets), as well as your Aunty Karen and Aunt Chi Chi, but I was adamant. I felt I needed to pray about it a little longer. Although I had made the decision to live by faith and not by sight, I was still afraid and couldn't help the fleshly thinking.

At first I wanted to wait until I got paid at work, but God took those thoughts away from me as soon as I realized that having aback-up plan does not equal faith and trusting God... especially since now it was already February 2016, going into March 2016, and there still was no sign of any salary in my account.

I went to my first gynae appointment with Doctor R at the hospital you would be born in on the 1st of March 2016. You were perfect. A strong, healthy, and big baby boy of 575 grams. The witnesses of your first sonar were your Aunties, Shanal, Gracia and Jessica. Dr R was a bit grumpy, he did not like that I had waited so long before coming in for my check-up. I would have told him that Jesus was my Doctor, but its hard to explain faith to people of science. This you will understand too one day and I pray that you will have discernment of the spirit in these matters.

At this point it was becoming almost impossible to hide my growing tummy. In terms of work though,  I had just received a new post at the Department of Corrections and so submitted my 1 month notice of transfer at the hospital. I also realized that it was time to tell your grandparents about you. God was starting to make it clear that He never works in the dark, but only the light.

If I wanted Him to work in my life, I had to be open, honest, and trust Him completely. I had to rely on Him, His strength, and NOT my own. This was a choice, yes, but it was also a process of learning to transform my mind from the flesh mindset to a spirit mindset.

1 John 4: 18 "Perfect love drives out fear."