𒆜 ¢нαρтєя тωσ 𒆜

uo ɯǝɐsnɹǝ oɟ ʇᴉɯǝ ʍᴉʇɥ ʎon ʍᴉll qǝ louƃ ǝuonƃɥ. qnʇ, ʍǝ'll sʇɐɹʇ ʍᴉʇɥ ɟoɹǝʌǝɹ.

ᴄʜɪᴢᴜᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴏɴ his way to the café

ᴄʜɪᴢᴜᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴏɴ his way to the café. He was finished with work, and he liked to have a coffee after work. There was no other place in Kanai Word that served coffee better.

There was one spot where he liked sitting, and sitting anywhere else just wouldn't do. Though, when he got there, someone else was already sitting here.

Even though it was a surprise to see him, Chizue still smiled. "Vivia? What are you doing here?"

Vivia waited for him to sit. He pushed over a book—Twilight. "I finished it."

Chizue was a bit shocked by this. It had only been a short while since he gave it to him. "Did you like it?"

"I did. Though...the romance was unusual... Bella seemed to keep pulling Jacob on by a leash, treating him as an owner would a dog. Jacob wants her love, and although she doesn't feel the same way, she leads him on... Is there a sequel?"

He smiled. "It's a series. I can show you the rest of them if you want."

"That would be nice..."

"So, did you come here just to give me the book back?" Chizue wouldn't have minded if that was the reason alone, but he couldn't say he didn't feel disappointed.

Vivia met his eyes, and Chizue had to look away from his black eyes. "I thought today could be the day we get coffee together. We were already meeting..."

"Oh!" A giddy smile was on his face. "How did you know I'd be here?"

"My colleague goes here often, and my other colleague worked here for a day. Both of them saw you—though one saw you leaving here in anger when someone was in your seat..."

He laughed nervously, remembering the girl that almost all the men in Kanai Ward wanted to see purely because of her body. "W-Well, I don't like sitting anywhere else. It's too awkward there, and it takes too long getting used to that I don't even bother."

Vivia nodded like he understood.

"Speaking of your colleagues," Chizue continued, "where do you work? I saw another one, and I was wondering that when I saw him."

"I'm a detective." Vivia's gaze stayed on his face. "You don't know what a detective is, do you?"

"Well..." It would be embarrassing to admit to someone, especially Vivia in his case, you didn't know their job. Whatever a "detective" was sounded like something he should know anyway.

"A lot of people in this city don't know. To put it simply...a detective is someone who solves mysteries."

"What sort of mysteries?"

"Depends... One of my colleagues specializes in undercover cases, and another seems to specialize in murder cases since death seems to follow him. Almost like a death god has decided to haunt him..."

"What do you specialize in?" Someone as cool as Vivia had to specialize in something as equally cool, wouldn't he?

Vivia shrugged. "I guess I do whatever... I just do whatever I'm ordered to. I prefer ones that require little work..."

"So, what kinds of mysteries do you usually do? What kinds do you like?"

Before Vivia could answer, a voice said, "Vivia, there you are!"

A short blonde boy carrying a backpack about the size of him walked to their table. "Vivia, what are you doing here? Come on, Chief wants us! Yuma's probably in trouble again."

Vivia kept his attention on Chizue. "I forgot to tell you I might have to leave soon. One of my colleagues gets in a lot of trouble... It was only a matter of time before I needed to go. Thank you for letting me read Twilight."

"It's no problem. You know, if you like it so much you can—" He couldn't tell Vivia he could keep it as he already left with presumably his colleague.

Chizue sighed and held his head in his hands. There went his chance with Vivia... Though, it was no matter to worry about. As he told that purple-haired man who told him Vivia liked books, it was love at first sight when he saw Vivia. They were simply meant to be, and fate would give him another chance!

- - - -

𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝: 𝟼𝟾𝟻