𒆜 єριℓσgυє 𒆜

ʎon pou'ʇ ʞuoʍ ɥoʍ louƃ ᴉ'ʌǝ ʍɐᴉʇǝp ɟoɹ ʎon.

ᴄʜɪᴢᴜᴇ ᴀʙᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ in a rush. Everything from the moment the train arrived to the place he first stepped his foot in had to be perfect. Would he get told it wouldn't matter? Maybe, but he didn't care. His stomach was in knots, and the only way it felt better was to make sure nothing went wrong. It did bring him more knots, but he couldn't help it. He trapped himself in this, and there was nothing he could do to stop it.

While he was making sure his apartment was clean for the thousandth time, he got a text from Vivia. His heart pounded when he read he was less than an hour away, but he tried to act as calmly as he could as he replied. He still had a lot of things he wanted to do, but for now, he decided to go to the train station to welcome him.

He knew Vivia was exhausted, as usual, from his detective work. With all the travelling he had been doing, Chizue thought it would be the best if he spent his few weeks off simply relaxing. While he got ready to leave, he checked over everything he planned for them to do—which, to be honest, was nothing. The only thing he had planned was a walk around Kanai Ward and show him everything new about Kanai Ward, and he also thought they could visit the book store and find books he might like.

Right now, though, Chizue had to go to the train station. He only left with one thing on him—something he knew Vivia would like to have again.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛

ʙᴇᴛᴡᴇᴇɴ ɢᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ꜱᴇᴠᴇʀᴀʟ weeks off of detective work from the World Detective Organization and getting a train ticket to Kanai Ward, Vivia Twilight was luckier to achieve the latter. When news spread of a city isolated for three years was now communicating with those outside, tourists jumped at the opportunity to go visit. While it was nice to have the city gain tourist money, it had been hard to gain a ticket, not to mention they were expensive as well. Vivia had gotten time off before, but due to lack of tickets, he couldn't visit Chizue no matter how much he wanted to. He didn't tell him so, however, to keep him from feeling disappointed.

Now, though, he managed to make his way to Kanai Ward. Now, about half an hour from seeing Chizue, he couldn't resist a smile. It was the happiest he felt since Fubuki had managed to make a reunion with her, him, Halara, and Desuhiko. Yuma—or the previous Number One—couldn't be contacted, and though Halara had accidentally seen Kurumi, she was too busy travelling for a reunion—though after so long in isolation, no one could blame her.

An announcement came on for passengers to start packing their bags. Vivia remembered trying to hide in a suitcase for someone to carry him away when it was time to leave Kanai Ward. He wasn't as lazy as before, and he had also packed items too, unlike when he first went to Kanai Ward. Granted, he didn't pack much and stayed in his seat and left at the last possible moment, but it was better than last time.

Vivia turned to the window, watching the scenery pass by. The train had gone under the infamous rain of Kanai Ward a few minutes ago, leaving everything darker while the neon lights and signs brightened the area. It had a nostalgic feeling to it, and his heart settled at feeling as if he was returning home.

༶•┈┈⛧┈♛

ᴄʜɪᴢᴜᴇ ᴡᴀꜱ ᴀᴛ the train station. While butterflies fluttered around in his stomach as the train came to a stop, he couldn't stop a smile when he saw Vivia step out.

Vivia shared his smile, but he still felt a bit awkward to approach him first. In a way, it felt like he was seeing him for the first time. How long has it been since they last saw each other? Both of them knew the answer: 203 days.

"Vivia," Chizue said, "I have something for you."

He brought out Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. "I can't look at this book without thinking of you."

Vivia took the book, memories of first meeting Chizue flowing through his mind. Had it really been less than a year when they first met?

"I was thinking about reading this again," he said. "I didn't have time to, though, and I couldn't find the book when I did..."

Chizue smiled. He had been remembering their first meeting as well. He remembered something he had been meaning to tell him, and now, he had the chance. "You know, you can keep it if you want. I don't mind. I bought it for you anyway."

"That's kind of you. I would say yes...but it doesn't feel right to read it outside of Kanai Ward."

Chizue nodded. "It's nice to have you here, Vivia."

"You as well, Chizue."

Chizue offered his hand. Vivia took it. Together, they walked out of the train station and into the streets of Kanai Ward.

- - - -

𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚜 𝚖𝚢 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔 𝚘𝚗 𝚆𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚙𝚊𝚍. 𝙸𝚝 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙸 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚋𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔 𝚘𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎...

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚘 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐! 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚌, 𝚜𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍! 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚕𝚕!

𝚆𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝 (𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚕𝚞𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙰/𝙽): 𝟾𝟹𝟿

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐓𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ;; 𝓇𝒶𝒾𝓃 𝒸ℴ𝒹ℯ - 𝐯𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐱 𝐧𝐩𝐜 🎉