𒆜 ¢нαρтєя тняєє 𒆜

looʞ ɐɟʇǝɹ ɯʎ ɥǝɐɹʇ. ᴉ'ʌǝ lǝɟʇ ᴉʇ ʍᴉʇɥ ʎon.

ᴄʜɪᴢᴜᴇ ɴᴇᴇᴅᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ come up with a plan

ᴄʜɪᴢᴜᴇ ɴᴇᴇᴅᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ come up with a plan. He still hadn't confessed his love to Vivia! His original plan was to give him Twilight and confess, but that dashing face made his brain malfunction and he didn't. He needed to do something about it, but he didn't know what.

He stopped by the Sun and Moon Hotel before going home. He was hoping to see Vivia under the piano, just like when he first laid his eyes on him. Vivia was there, but he looked sadder than usual. His eyes were unusually darker, and he didn't have any books around him.

Chizue crouched down in front of him. "Hi, Vivia."

Vivia didn't even look at him.

He had to snap his fingers several times to get him to focus. When he did, his black eyes looked darker than before. He wasn't sure if it was his place to ask what happened.

He just sat in front of him to try to show support. Feeling too awkward, he offered his hand. Vivia took it without much thought. He gently rubbed circles on Vivia's hand. It usually calmed himself down, and it looked like Vivia was relaxing.

"Why are you here?" Vivia eventually asked. "Don't you have better things to do than be with a lowlife like me...?"

Chizue didn't mean for his voice to sound harsh, but he couldn't help it. "Don't say that. All life is precious, and you're no exception." He calmed his voice down before he said, "And, to answer your question, I don't have anything better to do. Being here with you is the best thing I can do."

He sighed. "I wanna die someday..."

"Don't say that either. Suicide isn't something you should joke about. And if you're not joking" —he squeezed his hand— "I'm always free if you need to talk."

"I wasn't talking about suicide," he paused to think, "but may I take you on your offer to talk?"

"Here? Don't you want to go somewhere more private?"

"The workers don't care."

He wasn't wrong. The hotel employees didn't have a lot of visitors due to Kanai Ward's isolation. Right now, the current hotel receptionist was taking a nap.

"If you're comfortable here, then we can talk."

Vivia opened his mouth but closed it soon. He adjusted his position and laid his head on Chizue's lap, making his heart skip a beat. Chizue forced himself to look like he liked that a normal amount. Vivia was sad, so being in love was not the priority.

Vivia stayed silent for a little longer before saying, "My boss died."

"I'm sorry," Chizue whispered.

"It's not your fault... But it is mine..."

"No it isn't."

"You weren't there."