~SEVEN~

~we were so tiny, happy and shiny~

---

Rehearsal number three! Yaay!

It's choreo.

God.

Fucking.

Choreo rehearsals.

You had gone to school in a tank top and shorts even though it's winter and freezing because you were too lazy to bring a change of clothes. You walk into the warmth of the performing arts center, taking your hoodie off.

"God, you're crazy." Lyra laughs at you. She was in sweats and a tank top with a zip up cropped hoodie.

"Thanks." You deadpan, stepping into the auditorium. You knew we'd all be splitting up into the choir room and dance room, but we always meet in the auditorium.

"Hey guys!" Emira runs up beside you and Lyra from behind.

"Hey." You smile.

"You coming to me and Ed's next weekend?" She asks. "I'll text everyone later, we're just inviting some of our friends in the cast to come hang out and maybe stay the night."

"Sounds fun!" You say. "I'll ask my parents."

"Yeah, same." Lyra says through a yawn. "Thanks for inviting us."

"Lye, you good?" You laugh. "You seem so tired."

"You know me." She shrugs, "I always get memorization done with early, I was up late."

"Oh, c'mon." You groan. "Learning lines comes naturally the more we actually run scenes. It's worked for me since middle school."

"For you." 

"Yeah, me too." Emira nods.

"Oh, whatever. When we go off book and I know all my lines and you two don't, don't come crying to me." Lyra shrugs, signing all three of your names out on the sheet.

"If we have all three of the Heathers.." Mx Whispers checks the sign out sheet quickly and then looks up. "You three can come with me to the choir room, now." 

"Y/N, we're just waiting on Hunter. Whenever they're done with vocals they'll come to the dance room to see if we're done." The choreographer, Trixie, tells you. She's pretty young- still in college- and has always been your favorite adult in Hexside theatre. She's also a family friend of yours. You nod and give Lyra a hug before she leaves with Skara and Emira.

"Have fun." You mutter.

"Good luck." She responds.

"Thanks." You laugh as she leaves the auditorium. 

"Hey, Y/N, do you have Hunter's number?" Trixie asks.

"Umm.. I think so." You respond.

"Can you text to see if he's on his way?"

"Yeah, sure." You pull out your phone. "He shouldn't be taking this long to get from class to here.." Right as you're searching for his contact, the doors open and he rushes down the isle to the front of the stage where you stood with Trixie.

"Sorry, I had to drive Luz and Vee home." He sighs. "I'll make sure to let you know next time I'm running late."

"That's okay, just don't let it happen when Ms Arrington's in charge of you."

"You say that like he isn't her favorite." You mumble.

"Y/N." Trixie says sternly.

"Sorry, ma'am."