~TEN~

~then we got bigger, that was the trigger, like the huns invading rome~

---

During the learning of Beautiful choreo, you really didn't have to do much. Just sit around and wait for them to have you stand wherever it is you're needed for the ensemble to learn, and get up to learn blocking for the scenes within the song. Unfortunately, right now you were sitting by Hunter while Lyra, Emira and Skara were onstage learning their entrance.

"I like how you have to call your best friend a 'mythic bitch' and then kill her, but you get to call me hot and kiss me." He says through a laugh.

"'Get to' is a strong phrase, sweetie." You respond. 

"No, no. You get to kiss me, I have to kiss you." He shrugs.

"You've got that backwards for sure." You snort. "Why are you even here?"

"Luz." He nods toward the stage.

"Ah. You can't just come pick her up when it's over..?"

"I chose to come watch." He shrugs. "Got nothing better to do."

"Don't you spend all your time studying and shit, Mr. Perfect Grades?" You ask.

"Eh." He shrugs.

"Are you taking Luz to the Blights this weekend, then?" 

"Nah, Camilla can take her." 

"So you aren't going?"

"I'm not a party kinda person."

"Trust me, I can tell." You deadpan. "But it's just a hangout."

"So you want me to come?"

"No." You say too quickly. "Well, I guess I wouldn't mind. But I was just correcting you."

"Whatever you say." He shrugs.

"I-"

"Y/N?" Trixie calls, and you glance at Hunter before standing up and walking up the steps onto the stage. 

----

After rehearsal, you walk out of the auditorium with Lyra, swinging your car keys around on your finger.

"Bye, N/N!" Luz says, holding her hand up for a high five. You high five her, and Hunter drags her out the door.

"Bye!" You wave.

"See you this weekend." Hunter adds, walking backwards for a moment. "Unfortunately." He winks and points a finger gun at you.

"Aw, dammit." You groan as he walks out the door.

"Okay, is he going to the Blights or am I in an alternate universe where Y/N and Hunter are going on a date this weekend?" Lyra mutters.

"Oh God, Lyra. Not the second." You fake-gag.

"Oh, thank the Gods." She puts a hand to her heart and exhales dramatically.

"If there's an alternate universe where Hunter takes me on a date, then I'm perfectly happy with no knowledge of the multiverse." 

--

A/N: short ass chapter im sorry