Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO:

After adjusting all my papers and finding the direction my class was in, Alex still stuck around. Normally I would've found this clingy but I remembered I didn't know anyone and no matter how many scenarios played in my head, something about Alex told me I could trust him. I needed at least one friend to make me feel less like the new kid.

"All set?" Alex asked me.

"I think so," I answered as he led me out the main office. We continued walking down a long hall when I asked, "So are you going to follow me around all day or are you just here until I believe what you said earlier?"

He gave a sheepish smile, "I was really trying not to come off as that."

"You're doing a poor job." I said.

We had stopped in the middle of a hall now and I noticed the unsettling look on Alex's face. He had something to say and I had a hunch it was something I may not like.

"There's something I should tell you," He starts, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Is it bad?"

"I don't think so."

"This has something to do with the mate thing, doesn't it?" I mentally groaned.

He nodded. "It's actually important that I tell you now than when you find out on your own."

"Alright, what is it?"

"Please don't, like, freak out or anything please." He says. It seemed to be something big since it was making him this nervous.

"Okay." I swore.

"Okay, so, the people here aren't like other people you'd meet at another school." He says.

"Well no school is the same so okay."

He shook his head, "What I mean to say is that a majority of the school is supernatural."

Supernatural? As in. . .

"What do you mean—" Alex covered my mouth from my shriek, begging me not to freak out. I complied and he removed his hand. "What do you mean supernatural?!" I shouted in a whisper.

"Exactly that," He says.

"How much is a majority?"

"Eighty percent,"

"Eighty percent?!" He covered my mouth again but I pushed his hand away. "You mean to tell me I'm going to school with people that would easily have me for dinner?"

He chuckled, "How typical of you to say such a thing. They're not going to eat you, you have my word."

"And what, you're going to protect me from any situation where it would lead to that?" I scoffed.

"Yes, if anyone tried to but we don't eat people, Hailey." He rolled his eyes.

"We?"

"I'm an alpha and I don't think anyone would even dare to touch you—"

"Alpha?!"

"Please stop yelling."

"As in an alpha werewolf?" I further questioned. He nodded. "You're telling me you're a werewolf?"

"Yes,"

"I don't believe you." I shook my head, feeling a bit dizzy from all this information.

"How do you think I was able to be sure that you were my mate?" He asks me, putting the pieces together.

I thought back to all those books I used to read about the supernatural. All those Wikipedia articles I used to memorize by heart in my little phase. I knew of mates and packs and all the basic understandings but never once did I think it'd all be true. I thought it was someone's imagination gone wild from some kind of fourteenth century acid trip or something.