𝕰𝖎𝖓𝖘: Interrogation

Even though Henning Dorn had proven himself as a capable policeman during the last few years, interrogating a suspect had always been a tedious, but difficult task for him.

Truly getting a grasp of his opponents psyche through a process of questioning them – sometimes going back and forth fluently, sometimes only his voice single-handedly controlling the conversation's flow – as well as the ability to discern the truth from a lie, required a number of qualities to handle the matters at hand: expertise, precision and patience.

On top of that, the durance of this dialog truly depended on his opposite's willingness to cooperate. However, this case was ... different.

Especially since one of the victims was still alive against all odds, sitting – unlike last time now fully dressed in a flowery white spring dress - as lively as one could be in front of him, accompanied by the doctor who was responsible for her health.

His eyes briefly skimmed over the spare information the file in his hands contained.

Name: Unknown

Age: Estimated to be aged between 22 and 25 years old.

Occupation: Unknown

Ethnicity: Unknown, assumed to be German

Found on 10th of April 2017, at 7:30, locked in a coffin, salvaged from the waters of the Middle Rhine, Sankt Goarshausen, by Dieter Kühn's team, along the wax corpse of an unidentified little boy.

Remark: Victim suffers from amnesia.

Henning closed the document, rubbing the pulsating knot at his temple in hopes to ease the pain he got just from thinking about the difficulty he would have to face. Never in his five year long career had he come across a case with so little information to work with.

Question after question popped up inside his head, but he restricted himself, not wanting to jump to conclusions right off the bat, taking the lack of evidence into account. He would allow himself to theorize after talking to the victim.

When he was assigned this case, he was hoping to get useful information via an interrogation, until he was notified that a certain medic would attend the inquiry.

Intentionally, said doctor had postponed this conversation until today, two days later after the incident, to protect the victim's sanity. Due to the her current amnesiac condition, he insisted that the interrogation was to be executed as careful as possible – the questioning only being granted a mere half an hour of time, making the policeman secretly doubt the usefulness of it all. How was he even supposed to get any new information out of her, if she could not even remember the events that lead to her situation?

Frustrated, Dorn put the dossier aside to focus on the woman sitting at the other side of his bureau's table instead. Sheepishly, she sat there, azure orbs eyeing every inch of the room, as if she had never seen an ambience as plain as this office before. He couldn't help but notice that her behavior resembled one of a lost foreigner stuck in a location unknown to them, helplessly left to their own devices. Next to her stood a middle – aged man, impatiently waiting for Henning to start questioning.

"Please keep in mind not to ask any questions that could trigger a panic attack," the doctor reminded him with a nod.

On the surface, his remark appeared courteous, but the policeman knew better than to interpret the sublime comment for what it was meant to be, albeit sugarcoated under the disguise of pretty words: It was a warning not to overstep any boundaries and even if Dorn did, the medic would shut it down by ending the conversation immediately.

A patient's well-being was something the physician known as Eduard Arzt valued immensely and according to Dorn's fellow colleagues, who have had dealt with him in the past, was also eager to protect at the expense of impeding ascertainments.