Chapter 13

As the ship shuddered from the impact, a sense of urgency enveloped us. It was the same whale, but this time its demeanor was different—anger emanated from its powerful presence. Jordan's voice cut through the chaos, his orders concise and determined.

"Prepare to defend the ship, but remember, we're not here to harm the creature. We need to find a way to deter it without causing harm."

The crew sprang into action, each member taking up their assigned roles. Some readied flare guns, while others grasped harpoons, their faces a mix of trepidation and resolve. Walter's camera team moved swiftly, capturing the tense scene as it unfolded.

Frank turned to him, his brow furrowed in concern. "Do you really think we need to record all of this? Shouldn't we be focusing on helping the crew right now?"

Walter met Frank's gaze, his expression resolute. "Every moment we experience on this journey is worth recording. These challenges, these moments of triumph and danger—they shape the narrative of our adventure. We're not just here to witness, Frank. We're here to capture the essence of this journey, to share it with the world."

Frank glanced around at the crew members working tirelessly to defend the ship and nodded slowly. "I understand that, but it feels a bit... detached, doesn't it? While we're filming, they're out there facing the elements and the unknown."

Walter's eyes softened with understanding. "I get where you're coming from, Frank. But think of it this way: our recordings will help tell their story, their bravery in the face of adversity. By sharing their struggles and triumphs, we're honoring their efforts."

Amid the icy expanse of the sea, Mr. Robert's aged figure approached Jordan with a sense of urgency, his furrowed brow revealing the weight of his concerns.

Mr. Robert, an elderly figure with a weathered face and silver hair, carried an air of seasoned experience that only years at sea could bring. His face was etched with lines that spoke of countless voyages and encounters with the elements. Despite the passage of time, his eyes retained a sharp glint, reflecting the wisdom and knowledge he had accumulated throughout his seafaring life.

Dressed in a worn captain's uniform, Mr. Robert's stature was slightly stooped, a testament to the challenges he had faced on the open ocean. His hands, weathered and scarred, bore witness to the laborious tasks he had undertaken to ensure the safety of the ship and its crew.

"Jordan," he began in a voice tinged with tension, "I have news that demands your attention. The whale—it's positioned directly beneath our ship.

It's actively trying to damage our vessel, and I fear that its relentless assault might eventually lead to our ship sinking."

Jordan's gaze shifted from the expanse of water around them to meet Mr. Robert's eyes, the gravity of the situation hanging heavy in the air. The once calm sea now held an unsettling edge, a reminder of the unpredictable nature of their surroundings.

Turning his attention back to Mr. Robert, Jordan's voice held a blend of determination and concern. "We cannot allow that to happen. We must formulate a plan to deter the whale and safeguard our voyage."

With determination burning in his eyes, Jordan addressed the crew, his voice carrying a sense of authority and purpose. "Listen up, everyone. We're up against a relentless foe, but we won't back down. We need to devise a plan to deter the whale from causing further harm to our ship."

Under Jordan's stern command, the crew moved with a determined urgency. They fetched barrels of gunpowder and fashioned makeshift bombs, their expertise rooted in the maritime knowledge of old London. The crew worked with a focused diligence, preparing their weapons while maintaining a clear understanding of their captain's directive: no harm to the majestic creature unless explicitly commanded.

Walter and his camera crew documented the scene, capturing the intensity and purpose that characterized this crucial moment. The ship's deck transformed into a hub of activity, the crew members carrying out their tasks with a blend of tension and dedication.

As the barrels of gunpowder were carefully arranged along the ship's railings, Jordan's voice rang out above the commotion. "We aim to startle the creature, not harm it. These explosions should create a cacophony that we hope will deter it from approaching further."

The crew members exchanged determined nods, their faces etched with a combination of anticipation and unease. They understood the significance of their mission—to preserve both their ship and the enigmatic creature that now challenged them.

With the preparations complete, the crew stood ready, their eyes fixed on the vast expanse of water that stretched out before them. Jordan raised his hand, signaling for the crew to stand by. He gazed out at the water, his posture reflecting both the gravity of the situation and the resolute determination of a seasoned sailor.

At his command, the crew ignited the fuses, one after another. The barrels erupted in a series of deafening explosions, the sound reverberating across the ocean expanse. The ship trembled under the force of the blasts, the crew members clinging to the railings as the waves danced in response to the commotion.
But that plan unfortunately didn't work.

As the ship shuddered under the force of the whale's renewed assault again, chaos erupted on the deck. The thunderous thud reverberated through the vessel, sending crew members stumbling and stumbling in disarray. Amidst the tumult, my footing gave way, and I found myself hurtling towards the icy waters below.