Chapter 21

The festive atmosphere abruptly shattered, replaced by a chilling stillness as the tribespeople's celebration came to an abrupt halt.

The man who had defiantly protested earlier was silenced in the most gruesome manner—a swift, savage slash of a sharp weapon across his neck.

Blood sprayed forth in a gruesome arc, painting the scene with horror as his life was extinguished in a torrent of crimson.

Shock rippled through our group like an electric current, freezing us in place with a mixture of terror and disbelief. The once inviting demeanor of the tribespeople was overshadowed by this horrifying display of violence, revealing a darkness that lurked beneath their exterior.

Amid the collective gasps and whispers, a tribal figure stepped forward, his gaze locked onto me. He spoke in their native tongue, his words carrying a weighty authority that sent a shiver down my spine. Without warning, I was forcefully separated from the group, Walter's voice trailing off into a desperate plea as the distance between us grew.

"NOO!! PLEASE.......WHAT ARE YOU DOING".
Led by the tribesman, I stumbled along, my heart pounding with a mixture of apprehension and dread.

We arrived at an isolated chamber, its walls adorned with intricate symbols and carvings that seemed to pulse with an otherworldly energy.

The air inside was heavy with an unsettling presence, the room exuding an aura of ancient secrets and enigmatic rituals.

Locked inside the chamber, my heart raced as I pressed my face against the small window on the door, straining to see what was unfolding outside. The tribespeople had sealed the entrance with an imposing stone, leaving me trapped and isolated from the harrowing spectacle that was about to unfold.

Beyond the confines of the chamber, a hushed tension pervaded the air. The tribespeople's anxious whispers mingled with the rustling of leaves, creating an eerie symphony that mirrored the turmoil within me.

My companions, my friends, were being led to a sprawling space, their fate hanging in the balance of an enigmatic leader's decision.

As the crowd's murmurs reached a crescendo, my gaze locked onto the imposing figure who sat atop a makeshift throne, cloaked in the fur of the very bear that had attacked us earlier.