Chapter Five

I woke up late Saturday to the smell of bacon wavering through the house. I got up and walked into the kitchen to see my mom standing in front of the stove. "Good morning Scarlett. How was your date?"

I smiled, remembering the short kiss. "It was fine. Chase won a banana for me."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah..." I thought about the guy at the ticket booth. Would I ever see him again? "Mom?" My voice cracked.

"Yeah...?" I could practically see the worry in her voice.

"I met my Match last night."

Mom stopped cooking. "What did you do?"

"Well, he was the ticket guy. As he put the bracelet around my wrist, he said that we Matched. Then I told Chase and Stella and Travis that I'd meet them by the front gate. I didn't say anything else."

"Did your Mark burn?"

"Slightly."

She stopped cooking. "That's good. Did you feel any immediate attraction to him?"

I shook my head. "Chase thinks it's because—"

"You told Chase?!"

"Chase is Unscripted too. But he thinks I didn't feel attracted to my Match because I like someone else,"

"Is it Chase you like?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Chase likes me too." I felt my cheeks blush. "He even kissed me last night."

Mom smiled. "You're so much like me." She went back to cooking the bacon.

I thought about that for a second. I decided that while breakfast is cooking that I should get dressed. I walked into my room just my phone started ringing.

Chase.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hi. Scar, it's Chase. I hope I didn't wake you up."

I smiled. "No, I've been awake for a while now." I sat down on my bed, immediately scratching the plan to change. I laughed, seeing the Jamaican banana sitting on my dresser. "I love the banana."

Chase laughed. "Who doesn't love giant Jamaican bananas?"

"Crazy people."

"Breakfast is ready Scarlett!" Mom called out from the kitchen.

I sighed, rolling my eyes. "I have to go eat breakfast. I'll call you later." I said, standing up and walking to the kitchen.

"Good-bye Scar,"

"Good-bye Chase."

I hung up.

"Was that Chase?" Mom asked when I walked in the kitchen.

I sat down at the table. "Yeah. He said that he'd call me today last night." I sighed.

Mom shook her head, setting our plates on the table. "You really like this boy, don't you?" She sat down.

I nodded. "I love his eyes. They're really blue. Like if the sky and the sea has a baby boy." I smiled at my metaphor. 

Mom smiled at me. "Dig in."

After breakfast I got dressed and called Stella, telling her I was coming over. I got in my Jeep and drove to Stella's. Travis was leaving as I walked through her door. I walked down her stairs into her room.

Her entire basement is her room. One piece of neon green shag carpet was under her bed. Her bed was made and Stella was sitting on her black couch. Under her couch was a piece of bright pink shag carpet. She was watching SpongeBob Squarepants on her thirty inch flat screen.