Chapter Six: Chase

I laid in bed the night before Scarlett's wedding, planning. She invited me to her wedding but I don't know if I'll go. Knowing that we have a history together and going to her wedding is weird. Something isn't right there.

I thought about what my dad said when I told him—accidently—that I liked Scarlett.

"Damn boy! That isn't right! That's not only against the law but it's just wrong. It's sick. So what if she's pretty?! You're just a shallow ass-hole if that's all you see in her. But then again, it should be all you see in her!"

"That's not all I see in her!" I stood up from the dinner table. "She's smart and pretty and understanding and amazing and funny and I love her! So what if we don't Match?! Why the hell is that so hard to understand?!" I paused, letting what I said sink in. "You're the ass-hole. Being so close-minded about loving people!"

"Do not talk to your father that way." My mom's voice was stern. "Maybe if you respected him, he'd respect you."

"Shut the hell up mom." I turned back to my dad, leaving my mother speechless. "What are you so afraid of? Are you worried that I'll be—"

"Don't you dare say that word." My dad pointed his finger at me.

"What word? Unscripted? Ha. I said it."

"Get out of my house."

"Gladly."

I grabbed my jacket and ran out my house. I got in my car and sped away from my neighborhood. I drove in front of Scarlett's house. I drove away before anyone could notice me.

I drove to the nearest park. I pulled out my notebook and pencil. I sat down on a bench and got to work.

I drew Scarlett standing at the altar, Levi and I standing side by side in front of her. One of her hands holding mine and the other holding Levi's.

I put the date on the back and signed the bottom of the page.

After an hour I finally came back home. I didn't look at my dad or mom as I walked through the living room and I ignored their calls to me. I locked the door to my room and cranked the volume of my stereo.

I'm going tomorrow. I have to.