Chapter 6

mehhhh :) Lots of strong language in this chapter, just a warning.

~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 6

Julie wanted to stay in Danville with her mate, so I drove back alone. In the past, I was told that if I tried to find my mother and Ramires once I was released into the real world, I would be warned, then punished. But nothing had happened. I'd always kept an eye out for any sign of them, but I knew nothing of what had happened to them after we were separated. I didn't know if they wanted to be found, if they were separated, if they were even alive... I hadn't expected to find them so soon.

But now that I had found them, what was I going to do? I didn't want to ruin the life they seemed to have created together by bringing Evans on their trail. I guess I would just have to leave them alone. Wasn't just finding them enough? I knew now that they were safe, happy and somehow I just wasn't satisfied; I felt like I needed to be selfish, didn't I have a right to be right now? I didn't have a clue where I stood with my mate, or what I felt about it for that matter. I needed someone to comfort me, someone who would love to unconditionally.

I sighed. Kari and Andrei cared. While I would like to cry into my mother's shoulder, I knew it wasn't for the best. Kari would have to do. Besides, it's not like I had a mate to do anything for me anymore.

Slamming my fist into the car dashboard in frustration, I cursed. It was all my fault. Why hadn't I been less stubborn, less stupid? Now I would never know what I was missing out on, but I would know that I could have had the kind of relationship Andrei and Kari had, the bond they shared.

I pulled into our apartment's parking garage and swung the car dangerously close to our asshole neighbor's stupid Camaro. I almost wished I could have put a dent in it, but contact with that snobby douche wasn't worth it.

Speaking of the devil... I groaned as I saw Ryan, out neighbor, walking out of the elevator. He was admittedly attractive with a broad chest, long legs, and dark brown hair, but his personality was severely lacking. I true to duck my head and hope he wouldn't notice me, but alas, it didn't work.

"Rowan," he smirked. "Haven't seen you in a while, how are you?"

I lifted my head and forced a smile. He was standing close, too close. "Hey Ryan. I've been busy lately."

"When are you going to take me up on a date? We could go to a nice restaurant, it'd be fun," he winked. "I can guarantee an orgasmic dessert..." I wanted to scoff, but I held it back. What he meant by "nice" was "expensive as can be." I'll pass.

"Oh... I'm really busy, and I frankly don't want to go with you..." I trailed off and dashed away before he could respond. The less time I talked to him, the better. What a douche bag.

Once I safely arrived at my apartment, I was tackled by Kari, who was close to tears.

"What's wrong?" I cried as she squeezed my lungs out.

"I think I'm pregnant!" she sobbed. My eyes widened.

"Woah, woah," I patted her back reassuringly. "Back it up. Did you buy a test? See a doctor?"

"N-no... but I've been throwing up, crying all the time, and I just feel like I am!" Kari blubbered into my shoulder.

"Have you told Andrei yet?" I whispered. A kid? In this apartment? Crap, was I just about to find myself without roommates? I had no financial issues, so I could pay for it by myself, but it would be too lonely without those two.

"Told me what?" Andrei smiled as he walked into the room. Once he saw that his mate was trying to drown me in tears, his content expression morphed into concern and he rushed over to gather Kari into his arms. She pushed him away slightly, and looked at her mate with watery eyes.