233 | Faith Is Strength

I forgot to mention it last time, but if you remember, Max started studying in J.S High on August 21, 2023, which was just four days ago in real-time. So, if you read the book from the very beginning, starting now, you'll be following the original dates. It's just strange how I wrote this two years ago with the dates set in the future, but now it's the present time. How crazy is that? We're now living in Max's present!

MAX RAN TOWARDS THE white uniforms at full speed like a kid playing tag, instantly making everyone run away from him, afraid to get red paint on their uniforms as well. Keigo and Xander were both dumbfounded to see their friend do such a stunt. But when they turned to look at each other, they instantly started laughing.

     "He's fucking crazy," Xander says, wiping the tears in his eyes because of how funny he thought the entire situation was.

     Keigo nods his head in agreement, and then he turns to the other serfs and asks them, "What are you guys waiting for? Let's paint the town red!"

     As soon as they heard what Keigo had to say, the serfs instantly looked at each other. Most of them were hesitating, but after a while, one of them smiled and ran to the other students, finally making the rest of them follow.

      If you didn't know that this was red paint, you'd think that an actual war happened in the battle grounds of the atrium. The serfs were grabbing and hugging the other students, causing their uniforms to get stained as well, which was instant karma. Most of them were too shocked to even fight back. But as the white uniforms were running around the atrium like a bunch of zombies were chasing after them, they didn't even notice that St. George's student council, the Saints, along with the rest of the top ten-highest ranking students of their school, finally arrived at the scene.

     "W-What the hell is going on?" One of the council members asks in shock.

     The council's president, Justice Thorndyke, tried to decipher what was going on. But when he realizes that it's only paint stains, he instantly starts laughing at the unexpected situation.

     The rest of the council looked at their president, expecting him to stop them or at least do something, but Justice didn't even move a muscle. Fortunately, a much more intimidating white uniform stepped in. It was none other than the student who had power over all the white uniforms, the vice president.

     The vice president doesn't say a single thing as he walks toward the students, that was now covered in red paint. He continued to keep his mouth shut, but when one of the white uniforms noticed him, he immediately called out for everyone's attention. And just like that, without even lifting a finger, the entire atrium became completely silent.

     "Shit," Keigo whispers under his breath when he realizes why everyone stopped.

     The white uniforms looked at the vice president, who was staring at them with a blank expression. When he was certain that everyone was now looking in his direction, he adjusted his glasses and asked them, "Who started this?"

     Of course, instead of blaming it on the gaffers who poured the red paint on the poor serfs, the dwellers, and the other gaffers immediately pointed at the man standing in the middle of the crowd. And yes, it was none other than Maximilian Leigh Sinclaire.

     The vice president took a step forward, and everyone on the grounds immediately moved aside to make a path for him.

     The atrium was dead silent as the vice stopped right in front of Max.

     "Where is your stole?" The officer asks first.

     "I have not received one yet," Max answers. He expected the vice president to ask him why, but surprisingly enough, he didn't.