Growing Up With Celebrity Parents

Nitya shares her amusing childhood memories of growing up with celebrity parents.

Her father might resemble characters like John Wick or Neo, with an action-hero persona, but her mother, according to her, tops them with her uncanny precision. "It's like, even before you finish saying something inappropriate, a shoe might fly out of nowhere and ruin your moment of joy", she says, shivering at the memory.

"It's all fun and games until you're at the receiving end. It's actually pretty terrifying!", she exclaims enthusiastically.

While her fathers' punishments were usually mild and forgettable, her mother was stricter, meting out punishment when necessary.

She continues her narration amidst fits of laughter, "I've had my share of some strict discipline from Mum. But honestly, I've never felt bad about it. There's a common belief that being a celebrity kid gives you the freedom to do anything. But my folks shattered that notion completely, and I genuinely think it's a good thing."

Switching gears, Nitya then shares about the challenges and ridicule she faced during her school years, "Despite having famous parents, Fred and I attended a regular school. We wore the same uniforms, took the same bus, and ate the same food as everyone else. Despite our efforts to blend in, we were often teased and called names. It was hurtful, yes. But we learned to ignore it, even though it did affect us."

She concludes, "At times, I found myself questioning why my parents couldn't be like everyone else. But those thoughts were always fleeting. I mean, my parents' love was so deep and unconditional, that I found myself forgetting the question almost as soon as it arose."