03. You're not alone

New lied down on the bed and stared at the ceilings blankly. He was very nervous. Just couple of days ago, he had found out that he was pregnant (by what he seen from a pregnancy test) and it had been a big shocked to him. He doesn't want to believe the result yet although he aware that a pregnancy test kit is rarely wrong and it is more than 99% accurate.

He haven't tell anyone about this, not even Tay. He wanted to confirm that he really got pregnant first plus he doesn't want to make a fuss about this as he afraid that all of this might be a little misunderstood only.

So, here he is now - hospital, to check the result once more time.

New glanced at the young man in the white coat when the doctor suddenly cleared his throat. The doctor also was speechless when New told him that he was pregnant. The doctor doesn't believe his patient at first but after running an ultra scan sound on New, he felt apologetic for judging New as a crazy man earlier.

"Okay Sir Thitipoom... I'm done checking it for the third times." The doctor said. New only blinked his eyes confused because he wasn't aware of what's happening around him. He also didn't know that the doctor already started a check up on him. His body might be there but his mind probably was wandering at somewhere else.

"First of all, did the--" The doctor scratched his head before continuing his sentences. "...the other dad is not going to join us today?"

"So.., I'm really pregnant?"

The doctor nodded his head before he looked at the monitor screen and the dark green wobbly images started playing in front of them.

Film Thanapat - the doctor, moved the ultrasound on New's stomach and then pointed at the tiny white splat on the screen

Film Thanapat - the doctor, moved the ultrasound on New's stomach and then pointed at the tiny white splat on the screen. "This is the fetus."

New stared at the images and suddenly burst into tears. "So cute." He said between his sobs.

The doctor smiled. "Yes, it is. During my three years experiences as a doctor, this is my first time to meet a pregnant man. I'm shock, and amaze at the same time. You're going to keep it right?" The doctor suddenly dropped the formality as if he was talking to a long time friend.

"Of course I am." New wrapped his arms around his belly. "I might be new at this and not very good at it, but I will do my best to take care of my baby."

"I'll help you."

"What?" New widened his eyes at the sudden confession.

"I'll be your guide until the baby is born. To make things less awkward, let's be friend since we are in the same age anyway." The doctor smiled from ear to ear.

New only blinked his eyes confused. He aware just now when he told the doctor that he was pregnant, Film was staring at him as if he was an alien. But now he wanted to be a friend? Sound absurd right how someone could easily change in a second?