03; The Lake House

(  Casanova  )

(  Casanova  )

New England, Massachusetts

The service had ended and now Elijah sat in an open area of grass and trees across from the church with his son who was now wide awake.

"Hi," The darker-skinned boy said walking up behind the father-son duo.

"Hey"

"You mind if I sit?" Zion asked.

"No, No, Not at all." Elijah gestured for him to sit down with his hand.

"You know I was quite glad when you and your family rocked up," Zion told him after a few minutes of silence.

"Mm, why is that?" The brunette questioned.

"Cause I was worried I was going to be stuck with a bunch of children." The younger male laughed.

"That would suck"

"Yes, it would." The two continued to talk but were interrupted by Wyatt's high-pitched squealing, Both boys looked down at the nine-month-old in Elijah's lap to see that a butterfly had landed on his hand.

Zion and Elijah laughed lightly smiling at the baby boy. "How old is he if you don't mind me asking?"

"He's almost nine months" Elijah responds.

Approaching footsteps make them look up from Wyatt who is still giggling. Elijah smiles warmly at Charlotte and Donna as they sit down in front of them with the rest of the kids following them.

"What are you guys doing?" Zion asks the group getting multiple shrugs in return. "We came to ask if we could hold the baby?" Charlotte speaks up timidly.

"I suppose so, You've just got to be super careful with him though," Elijah tells the kids.

The ones who want to hold Wyatt all nod waiting for their turn while Greg and Andre just continue talking about video games while Kiethie chimes in every few minutes.

Meanwhile, back across at the church amongst the guests Roxanne and Deanne approach their husbands with concerned expressions.

"Have any of you seen the kids?" Roxanne asks in her heavily accented voice.

"No, we thought they were all with you?" Kurt tells the women standing up.

"Well, clearly they're not if we came over here to ask," Deanne tells him overwhelmed. "Hey, Didn't you say your oldest has a baby" Marcus asks Lenny.