09; First Fourth of July

(  Casanova  )

( Casanova )

New England, Massachusetts

Later that night Elijah, Zion and Faith told the adults that they would put all the kids to bed so they could go have some fine and hang out in the boathouse without children running around.

When the two boys had gotten back to their room after splitting up with Faith who decided to take her father's room tonight, Zion had Wyatt in his arms while Elijah's arms were wrapped around Zions' waist, his hand under the boys shirt rubbing his thumb over the bare skin.

"Today was exhausting" Zion says tiredly leaning back into the brunette's chest. The older boy hums in response burying his head in the younger male's neck.

"Let me put Wyatt down then we can go to bed love," Elijah tells him looking at his phone that reads eleven p.m.

The McKenzie boy groans as Eli moves from behind him and takes the sleeping baby from his arms so he can put him down in the crib close to the bed.

By the time the brunette had gotten his son to settle down and moved back to the bed Zion had fallen asleep stirring slightly when Elijah pulled the blankets up over him and placed a light kiss on his temple.

He slides in under the covers next to the latter who, despite being fast asleep moved closer towards the older boy.

✰ ✰ ✰

Everyone except for Faith and Zion had gathered around down at the dock to raise the flag for the Fourth of July. Once Eric had finished raising it Lenny picked up his daughter who then let the bird that Lamonsoff had previously hurt on the first day at the lakehouse go.

They stood down at the docks talking and enjoying the sunrise and cool breeze.

"Me alegro de haber elegido quedarnos, oso. Now I get to watch my grandson have his first Fourth of July" Roxanne says running a hand over her grandson's head as it rests on her son's shoulder. (Im glad we chose to stay bear)

"Yo también mamá, yo también."
(so am I mum, so am I)

"I have no idea what was just said, but it sounded so pretty," Deanne tells them leaning against her husband as the other women agree, everyone laughs.

✰ ✰ ✰

Faith had taken Wyatt from his father after she woke up to let him eat breakfast without having to watch over the nine-month-old baby.