Witches Before Wizards

The next day Luz wakes up first, excited to see that she is still in the Boiling Isles. She looks at her left to see Esper still sleeping. She smiles for a second before looking at Esper's ears, as they are now exposed. She then remembers Eda's own ears being pointy and how they didn't show her the previous day.

Luz then jumps up, excitedly stomping her feet before she sits back down to shake her childhood friend, "OOOOOOH! My gosh, Esper! Esper, wake up! It wasn't a dream!"

Esper slowly opens her eyes, groggy as her sleep had been interrupted, "I'm. A-wake. Stop. Shaking. Me. Please."

Luz grins, letting Esper go as she gestures towards the room, "Oh, sorry sorry! We're still here in the Boiling Isles! It wasn't just a dream! This is so cool, we're going to learn from an actual witch! Plus we can show her your ears! You might be a witch, Esper!"

Esper gasps, realizing she took her headband off last night. She covers her ears with her hands, "Are you sure? You know the rumors have been that my old parents cut my ears to make them look like this."

Luz gets up, "Oh I am totally sure! Besides, those were just rumors from OUR realm. Maybe you're from this world! Now come on, let's go find some witchy clothes!"

Esper nods as Luz gets up to hug King, annoying him after she calls him a 'cutie pie', she then ponders to herself, "Well, I wasn't able to go through that contraband wall yesterday so maybe... I really might actually be a witch, woah." She then changes out of her pjs into her usual outfit.

She got up and then stretched, putting her hands in the pockets of her yellow hoodie as she left to find Luz. Luz had gone through Eda's closet, putting on what appeared to be 'witch clothing', she was finishing up her nametag which had said "Witch Apprentice Luz" on it. She turned to put a witch hat on Esper's head, "Oh there you are! Here, to make you look all witchy! Oh and I made this too!" She put a matching nametag on Esper's hoodie,

Luz eagerly waited for Eda to come down the stairs, only to be disappointed to see her in human-like pajamas. Obviously tired from just waking up, Eda walked down the stairs as Luz excitedly announced that she was ready for witch training. Only for Eda to seemingly not remember who Luz and Esper are.

Esper rubbed the back of her head, "Uh, we're the two kids you said you would train as witches. Don't you remember what you promised Luz? Well and me." Luz nodded, "Yeah! Remember us? Luz and Esper! We freed the oppressed and and defeated the evil warden together? Yesterday!"

Eda took a cup of red liquid from her fridge, "Kid, spare me the details. I haven't had my morning cup of apple blood yet."

Luz and Esper looked to each other and back at Eda, "You mean apple juice?" "Riiiight?"

Eda frowned, "No." She then sat on the table as Luz ran to her, "Teach me some magic spells! When do I get a magic staff? Was I supposed to bring my own runes? DO YOU HAVE A DANGEROUS MAGIC QUEST FOR ME?" Esper simply hangs back, seeing as Luz was being all excited again.

Eda tells her to slow down, "No one becomes a witch overnight! Although... One of you looks different from yesterday. I can't put my finger on it..." Luz then speaks up, yanking Esper's head closer to Eda, "Yeah! See! Esper was hiding her ears yesterday but they're pointy at the end! They've been pointy her whole life! Just like your's! That MUST mean she's a witch!" Esper frees herself from Luz's grip, fixing her messed up hair, "Luz!" Eda grinned, "Now you see! I thought you were different, kid. I had a feeling you were one of us. Though, you! You said you wanted a magic staff, right?"

Luz gasps, "More than anything!"

Eda then summons her staff, which takes a few minutes before eventually getting to her, hitting her in the face. Eda then explains that witches get their staffs through school but Luz and Esper will be taking a different approach. She then drops a bag of potions in front of Luz, "You'll have to work for it. Now, Luz, follow me. Esper, you stay here." Esper then furrows her eyebrows at Luz, confused as to why they are going to be separated. Eda then talks to Luz about her business and for her to be careful when selling potions in town, showing Luz where she will be selling the items.