Hooty's Moving Hassle

Esper looks down at her phone, her messenger app was open and she was staring at the messages sent from her parents. Her thumbs were frozen above the phone, unsure of what to say to them. They were confused, wondering where she is and she didn't know how to go about answering them. She chooses to look at the table, where Eda was playing a game with Owlbert to distract herself. Eda smirks at the playing cards in her hands, "Watch closely, girls. Hexes Hold'em is the most tricky game on the Boiling Isles. Any proper witch knows how to play."Esper giggled, "Oh boy, cards! The paper rectangles that old people think are fun!" Luz elbowed Esper's arm, causing the redhead to put her phone in her pocket and rub the area. Eda puts a card down on the table. Lightning comes from the cards, sending Owlbert flying for cover behind the side of the table. The cards all stand and roar. Owlbert's surge forward and attack Eda's, making Owlbert smirk.Eda's frown turned into a smirk, "Now when it looks like the deck is stacked against you, that's when you break out the wildcard!" She holds up another card. It glows green, and Owlbert's cards disappear in a flash of fire. Fiery letters spelling out "WINNER: EDA" appear over the table. Owlbert hops back onto the table and hoots at Eda, sticking his tongue out at her.
Eda pumped her fist in the air, "Woo, I win! In your adorable owl face. Ah, I love the feeling of victory! It feels... fluffy?" She didn't notice the feathers growing from her arms.
Esper hid behind her childhood friend, "Woah!" Esper remembers when Eda chased her around the house the last time the curse took her over.
Luz kept Esper behind her as she pointed at Eda's arm, "Uh, Eda? It's happening again!"
Eda raised an eyebrow, "What's happening again?"
King shouts as he points at Eda's arm, "Your curse is returning!"
...
The children watched as Eda opened a chest, as she needed an elixir in order to hold the curse back.
Eda looked through the chest, finding only empty bottles, "Oh, boy. This is terrible! I'm out of elixir!"
Luz holds up her phone, showing Eda as the Owl Beast, "Uh, last time this happened, you turned into this thing."
Eda complimented herself, "I know I should be repulsed, but that look is fierce."
The brown haired girl turned around to hold Esper, "Eda! You scared poor Esper last time!"
Eda rubbed the back of her neck, "You're right, you're right! Come on, kids, we need to head to the market."
Luz then begins to follow Eda, "Market!"
Esper raises her arms as she followed Luz, "Woohoo! New place to explore!"
King follows the younger witch, "I'm stealing everything that's not nailed down!"
The old witch puts a hand in her pocket, "Before we go, would anyone like to play one more hand of Hexes Hold'em?" She then pats her clothes, "Hey, where are my cards?"
Luz handed the deck to Owlbert and whispered to him, "Take these and fly ahead. She'll have to follow us." In response, Owlbert then flies ahead of the group. This caused Esper to giggle.
His older witch companion runs after him, "Owlbert, you sore loser, gimme back my cards!"
...
Now at the Boneburough Market, the group has made it to the Potion Stall. The Potion Stall is run by Morton, a tall scrawny witch with brown hair, wearing a metal helmet along with brown shirt and brown shorts. However
Eda starts to hit the metal grate with her hand, "Hey, open up, Morton!"
Esper joins in to bang on the metal, "Come on Morton! You gotta open up! Oh man, where is he?" Not noticing that Morton has opened the door and is now getting hit in the face with Esper's hands.
"Ow! Ow! My Titan, who is this snapping turtle you brought with you, Eda?" Mortan said, rubbing his face.
Eda smirked, "This is just one of my lovely apprentices. Her name is Esper. Anyway Morton, I need more elixir."
Morton rubbed the back of his neck, "Nice to meet you, Esper, Elixir Master and Eda's supplier but uh, that's a secret so shhhh. Sorry, Eda! I was up all night poison tasting and for some reason, I don't feel great. Let me just... Go check on the supply."
Suddenly, there is a loud noise of a large cart that rings out in the air, causing the two witches to look behind them. Luz and King were already looking at the cart carrying a huge monster.
"Whoa, that is one ominous parade."Eda put a hand on her shoulder as they continued to cart the demon around, "That's no parade. Those are demon hunters."
The demon on the cart growls and bucks at the hunters. The two demon hunters pushing the cart pull its ropes to pin it back down. It tries to bite at both demon hunters.
Eda glared at them, "Dangerous nomads who capture and sell the most powerful beasts."
One of the demon hunter traces a spell circle, creating green lightning in his hand. He grunts as he shocks the demon unconscious. The hunter then looks at Luz and she looks away, gasping.
Eda turns back to he grate, "...Which I'm about to become if you don't hurry up, Morton! Come on, I'm all out of juice, pal!"
Morton opens the grate once again, "Sorry, Eda! I'm looking, I'm looking!" He ducks down and digs around, rattling bottles. The demon hunters continue on, revealing Willow and Gus, looking dejected, behind the demon.
Luz shakes Esper and points at their friends, "Esper look! Willow and Gus! Heya, friends! Wait, what's wrong? Who hurt my babies?"
Willow sighed, "Them..."
Esper looks as Willow points to a food stand. Skara and Cat are laughing together while Amity is staring at a potion and Boscha is watching them. Esper glared at the group of bullies.
Willow groaned as Esper put a hand on her shoulder, "Amity's having a moonlight conjuring and invited everyone but me."Gus, summons his scroll, "And she keeps posting about it on her Penstagram account." He shows Luz and Esper the popular girl's Penstagram which shows a picture of her and her friends posing, talking about the Moonlight Conjuring.
The brown haired human shouts, "It's conjuring night! No dorks allowed"? What a jerk!" She then raised an eyebrow, "What's a moonlight conjuring?"
The plant witch talked about the event, "You spend the night at someone's house, telling stories, playing games..."
Luz smiled brightly, "Like a slumber party! We have those!"
Willow, pulls out a book to show off a picture, "Then you bring something to life with moon magic!"
Esper frowned but then smiled again, "Like a weird slumber party!"
Willow shrugged, "Gus and I have never been to one. You need at least three people and—"
The human exclaimed, "I'm four people! I mean, we're four people, that's more than three! and we're way better than them!"
Boscha laughs as her group passes by, "Sorry you couldn't get an invite to the conjuring, Willow." She then looks at Amity, "Only real witches allowed."
Amity sighs, "Leave her alone. It's not her fault she was born without talent."
The popular group leaves. Willow growls as several vines grow from the ground.
Esper smacks the tallest vine, putting a hand on Willow's shoulder, "Whoa. Hey, don't waste your time getting thorny over them." Luz then interrupted her, "'Cause we're gonna have our own moonlight conjuring!" Esper raised an eyebrow, "Huh?"
Gus pulls out a list, checking off something on the list, "Are you serious? This was on my bucket list. After owning a real human bucket!"
Luz laughed, "That's a really weird thing to want, but I appreciate your enthusiasm. I'll go tell Eda."
Esper raised an eyebrow at him, "That is a strange thing to want but I'm sure we'll find you one. Eda has a lot of human stuff."
Gus suddenly started blushing, "O-oh! That is great news! I can't wait to visit!"
Meanwhile Morton has some bad news for the old witch, heard not too far from the kids.
Morton shrugged, "I've got bad news and good news. Bad news is I'm all out 'till next week. Good news is feathers are a good look for you."
A feather grows out of Eda's hair, "Morton!" More feathers start to grow from her body.
Morton shrugged at the older witch, "Well gee, E. Why'd you wait to re-up 'till now?"
Eda frowned, "I've been very busy."
King spoke up from the bench, "Yeah, busy playing Hexes Hold'em. She's obsessed with it!"
The old witch frowned at him, "I am not obsessed!"
The small demon jumped onto the table, "You're playing it right now!"
Various cards are now splayed out on the counter, and Eda has one in hand. Eda smiled, "...Am I winning?"
The elixir seller started to whisper, "You know, I wouldn't suggest this to just anybody, but if you need your elixir you could try your luck later this evening."
Eda raised an eyebrow, "In the night market?
Morton nodded, "There's a guy with a stand, goes by Grimm Hammer; if anyone has what you need, it's him."
Luz ran up to her mentor, "Eda, Gus and Willow and I are gonna do a moonlight conjuring and stick it to Amity. So can we-"
Eda holds up her hand, "Not tonight, I'm going out. I need you to watch the house, I have many precious objects in there." She took her staff and started to walk away.
King smirked, "Like me! Whoa!"
Eda picks King up by his collar, "You're coming with me. I need an extra pair of eyes looking out for pickpockets... And an extra pair of hands in case I want to pickpocket."
The two then shout, "Pickpocket!"
Luz asks, "Then, maybe they can come to the house and-"
Eda frowned at her, "No! Besides, conjurings are dumb, sitting in a circle holding hands. Pft. It's like magic for babies. I can't have you and Esper participating in baby activies!"
Luz frowned, "But-"
Willow and Gus run up to the human girl, "Luz! What did Eda say?" Esper raised an eyebrow as she noticed that Luz looked nervous.
Luz rubbed the back of her head, "So... guys..."
The young illusionist pointed upwards, "Oh, look! The moon is rising into place. And the celestial powers only align once a year."
The plant witch squealed. "Oh, I can't believe I finally have enough friends for a moonlight conjuring! Thank you, Luz! Did Eda say it was okay?"
Luz began to laugh nervously, "Uhm... yes. She said yes. We can do it at the Owl House. As long as we don't make a mess or touch anything and never bring up that we did it!"
Esper started to glare at Luz and was about to object when Willow smiled as she hugged the younger witch, "Oh! Yay! We can make up our lost sleepover, Esper!" Esper remembered that the last time the two tried to have a sleepover, it rained boiling rain, "Oh yeah, we can! And it'll be even better than what we had planned up! I can't wait!" Esper began her own nervous laughter.
As Willow and Gus walked away, Esper grabbed Luz's shoulder. She whispered, "Luz! Are you sure we're allowed to do this? Or are you trying to get Eda to kick us out?" Luz nodded, waving her hand, zz"Of course! Just relax, we should be fine!" Luz then looked to the moon nervously as Esper put her face in her hands, unsure of how the night will go for the both of them.
...
Later that night, Eda was preparing to leave The Owl House for the night market. Luz and Esper are both sitting on the couch, watching her get ready. With Luz looking at the older witch nervously. Seeing Luz be nervous was making Esper nervous. Esper elbowed Luz's arm, catching her attention, "Shhh, dude."
Eda spoke up, putting her cloak on, "Luz, you're in charge while I'm out. Make sure Hooty doesn't get into any trouble."
Esper pumped a fist in the air, "Haha! Not me!" Luz furrowed her eyebrows at her childhood friend. The redheaded witch raised an eyebrow at her, "What?"
Hooty spoke from outside the house, "Hoot hoot!" The strange owl then opened the door, "I don't need a babysitter. I'm a big boy house!" Esper laughed at this, "Sure you are, Hooty, sure you are."
Luz laughed nervously, "You can count on me! I'd never betray your hard-earned trust."
Eda narrowed her eyes at the human, "You're acting suspicious. You're doing that thing where you hide in your hoodie." Luz had suddenly had her hood up.
Luz puts her hood down, "Meow I'm not!"
Eda opens her cloak to reveal King, snoring and strapped in a pink baby carrier, "He's right here. His little body just conks out when he's weightless. Look at this."
She moves side to side, King moves like a ragdoll, still asleep despite the movement.
Luz smiled at this, "Aww, he's so dangly!" Esper started playing with his feet, he still hasn't woken up.
Eda starts to walk outside, "Anyway, really going now. And Luz..."
Luz grows nervous at her menacing tone.
The old witch glared at her, "...if you mess up the house, I will never trust you again." Her tone changed to a lighter tone, "No pressure! Byeeeeee!"
Owlbert hoots as Eda flies away. Esper and Luz waves after them for a few seconds.
The redheaded witch turned to Luz, "Ay. Should we really be doing this? Then again, Willow IS counting on us." Luz shushed her and whispered, "Okay, she's gone."
Willow's voice is suddenly heard, "Release!" And the two bushes glow and explode, revealing Willow and Gus. Willow is wearing a light brown shirt with a white collar with a blue bow, as well as brown boots and purple pants. Gus is wearing a blue tunic with a high collar as well as a long sleeved white shirt underneath, brown boots and black pants.
Willow smiled brightly, "I'm a sneaky sneakster!"
Gus whispered, excited, "I've got leaves in my pants...and I like it."
Esper giggled at this, "Hehehe, weirdo."
Gus blushed at this, he doesn't know why.

The four started to walk towards the door, causing Hooty to speak, "Company! Hooray! Finally someone to listen to my stories! Okay, one time, a sparrow flew into my mouth, and then I-"
Esper opened the door for the group and shut it once everyone was inside.
Hooty, "Hey..." He then coughs out a sparrow, which flies away chirping.
...
Inside the Owl House, Esper turned down the lights while Luz drew a light glyph. The human threw the light spell in the air, where it blew up, lighting up the room in a fancy display.
Luz smiled, "Welcome to, the living room. We call it that because it's technically living!" Esper giggled, poking at the wall, "The walls are breathing, look."
One of the walls started moving with heavy breaths. Willow looks at it closer.
The plant witch smiled, "Enchanting."
Gus started rummaging through a chest, "And look at all these human treasures." He then pulls out a skull, "And actual humans!"
Esper's eyes got wide from the sight of the skull, not knowing if it's a human's or a witch's.
Luz smiled, bringing out snacks from the kitchen, "We've got weird snacks, we've got weird music!"
Esper cheered as she grabbed one of the crackers with a strange looking crab on top of it, eating it without a second thought.
Gus walks over to Luz with a bucket on his head, "We've got a bucket!"
Luz smiles, pointing at the younger witch, "Gus, my man."
Willow "And best of all we have actual friends to do the conjuring with! This is so exciting!"
Esper looked to Willow, interested in witch culture, "Sooooo how does this conjuring stuff work?"
Willow walks over to the flowers on the table, "Well first, we find an object to animate. Since it's our first time we should pick something meaningful. Something beautiful!"
Gus then suddenly punches through the flowers with an action figure, "Like this strangely buff little man?" He taps the action figure's stomach, causing it to say "I'm half beef, half Bob!" Esper starts to giggle at the toy.
The human pumped her fists, "Yes! He's perfect!"
Willow That's not exactly what I meant by "beautiful".
Gus lowers the action figure, whimpering and looking hurt.
Esper holds his shoulders, "Aw come on, Willow. It's beautiful... in a way." Esper touching his shoulders alerted Gus.
Willow giggles at the two, "Okay, buff boy it is."
Luz hugs Willow, "Yes!"
Esper lets the young illusionist go, cheering.
Gus raises his fist in the air, "Tonight he shall be risen!"
With the moon rising in the sky, the kids turn down the lights yet again. Gus places Beefy Bob on the ground between the three of them. There are several lit candles around them.
The plant witch scratches her cheek, "According to the conjuring books I've read, we say the incantation and make a connection with the doll."
The illustionist raises a finger, "Figurine." Esper giggled at him.
The four children stood in the circle, holding hands with each other. Esper was holding hands with Luz and Gus. Gus and Willow started chanting, with Esper struggling to keep up with what they were saying and Luz not knowing the words at all. There was a glowing blue aura around them as they continue to chant, "Moonlight, we call, we sing. Moonlight take this chance. Moonlight come tie the string. Moonlight start the dance!" Luz struggled after them, "Moonlight tie... string... and I don't know the words!"
Unknowingly to them, Hooty was looking at the moon at the same time as it was moving. It suddenly stopped moving as the moon released a light blue power. The power shines over Hooty, who's eyes glow light blue. It then moves to the house and over Esper's form, then to the rest of the kids and then their figurine. They all open their eyes to see that the figure is not moving.
Esper poked the doll as Gus spoke, "That's your cue, little man!" Esper shook her head, "Nope, it doesn't look like it-"

Suddenly the entire house then rumbles as Hooty uproots himself from the ground. He has a pair of giant chicken legs and is on the move. Unknowingly shaking the kids inside the living room of the house. When the young witch landed on the ground, Esper got up from the stack of books that landed on her, "Uhhh guys? Did the whole house just hiccup?"
Gus starts to shake the doll, "Little buff guy! What did you do?"
The toy then shouts, "A real man never takes accountability!" Gus quickly dropped the toy.
Willow adjusts her glasses, "No, I think-I think we might've animated the house by accident!"
Luz's eyes widen at this, "The house?!"
Hooty starts making ghostly noises. Luz runs outside and nearly falls off the ledge, finding her balance as Esper pulls her back. She smiles back at her before wiping sweat off her brow, "Phew, thanks Esper."
Gus and Willow join the two outside as the house begins to walk. They all scream as the door slams shut.
Luz runs up the door and starts to hit it, "Hooty? Hooty! Hooty, you have to stop!"
"By the power of moonlight, I have risen. Hoot hoot." Hooty says in an unchanging tone.
Gus looks at Esper, "He's in some kind of trance!" Esper shrugs, as she has no clue what is going on.
Hooty steps through two trees. The movement from stepping makes Gus yell as he and Luz lose their balance. Gus nearly falls off, but Luz, and Willow catch him. Esper holds Luz and Willow by the hands as the two catch him by the hands, the four start to glow again. Luz notices that Hooty is about to walk them off a cliff, shouting "Hooty, stop!"
The House stops moments before it would have walked off a cliff. Esper, Luz and Willow pull Gus back up to safety and they all let go of each other, staring at their hands. Gus looks down at his hands, confused, "How'd we do that?"
The four all look at the moon and then hold hands again. This causes them to glowing once again. The Owl House takes several steps away from the cliff.
THe plant witch smiles, "We're controlling it with the power of friendship!"
Esper giggles at her, "Uh, and the moon. Probably the moon, Willow." This causes her friend to giggle back at her.
The illusionist smiles as he lets go of his friends' hands, "This is amazing! What do we do now?"
Luz frowns as the glow disappears, holding up one of her hands, "On the one hand, we should probably stay put."
Gus raises his other hand, "On the other hand, we've got a giant walking house and should totally take it on a joyride!" He jumped next to Esper as she smiled at Luz, practically giving her puppy-dog eyes.
Luz looks at the moon as it starts to descend, "Okay, okay, but we gotta be back before the moon sets or Eda will kill me! Or us."
Esper shrugged, "Well technicalllllly, you are the one in charge."
The brown haired human groaned, "Aw man you're right! I'm the one with my life on the line."
The four then held hands again, glowing in the moonlight as they had Hooty run around the Boiling Isles.
Gus and Luz both cheer, "Woohoo! Yeah! Joyride!"
Unknown to the kids, Demon Hunters were hot on their tails, as one of them spotted Hooty and growled. The kids were still walking through the forest. Boscha walks past with a crow phone and a duffel bag, Esper notices that she seems to be talking into it.
Willow squinted, "Hey, is that..."
Gus gasps, "It's Boscha. That girl who made fun of us!"
Esper grinned evilly, "Oh heck yeah, this is going to be fun."
Boscha talked into the crow, "Ugh! Yes, Mom. I'm going to a moonlight conjuring. No, Mom. You can't come. And yes, Mom, it's sad that you're asking." She then lets go of the crow, which cries out while it flies away. The pink haired witch then turns around and sees the Owl House.
The plant witch gasped, "She noticed us. What do we do?"
Luz pondered as she picked up a megaphone, "Hey! H-Hey you... You should, uh, stop being so mean to people."
Esper took the megaphone from Luz to yell into it as well, "You're kind of a jerk!" This caused all of them to laugh.
Boscha blew a raspberry at the house, "Ew! A talking house is giving me a lecture? Whatever. I'll just T-P you like I did with the rest of the neighborhood!"
The human shouted, "But don't you see, foolish mortal? I am no mere house!"
Hooty makes the house stand as Luz roars a mighty roar. Boscha screams and runs away as our group starts to laugh.
Gus smiles a devious smile, "I've never pranked anyone before. And now I have a taste for it!"
Esper giggles at his exclaimation.
Willow smiles evilly as well, "We should follow her to Amity's house to show off our conjuring. That will show her who's got no talent!"
Luz looks at the moon, as Esper nodded to Willow's request. Revenge on a bully? Esper loves that idea. The human saw that the moon is nearly at the treetops and still going down. She knew they were running out of time.
Luz scratched the back of her neck, "Actually, I'm starting to think we should head back."
Gus holds out his scroll, "Amity's updating her Penstagram." Esper looks over his shoulder as the update loaded in.
Luz gasps as she read the post, "Shout out to my fellow witches. #Humans can bite it."
Esper grit her teeth, "Wow, yikes, she really got you with that caption."
Luz shouts, "WHAT?! Let's do it."
The Owl House continues walking as the 3 other kids cheer. Several shadowed figures fly after them, they were being followed.
...
The Owl House continues to walk through Bonesborough. People on the streets scream and run for cover as the house stomps through town. The kids then seen a large manor with a gate reading "BLIGHT MANOR" in front of it.
Willow Look, Amity's house. Time to show Amity what a real conjuring looks like."
Hooty starts to walk forward, but is stopped by a giant rope over the roof.
All the kids looked around as the house suddenly stopped, "Wha-"
Willow looks up at the roof, "What happened?"
Esper noticed the rope, "Something definitely not good."
Luz squints as she notices a large object rolled towards them, "Is that a... giant crossbow?"
A Demon Hunter fires the crossbow. A second giant bolt and rope secure the house further. Demon Hunter jumps up in front of the kids. Esper holds her arm protectively in front of Luz as the Demon Hunter walks up to them.
The Demon Hunter's voice was chilling, "Knock, knock."
All the kids gasp.
...
The Owl House is now tied down a large cart being pushed through the woods by demon hunters. One stands atop a cliff and blows into a horn. Hooty making strange noises as Luz, tied to Esper, Willow and Gus inside the house, shouts at him. Esper is kicking at the door, trying to get Hooty to wake up.
Esper shouts at him, "Hooty! Hooty! You have to wake up!"
Hooty spoke like he was in a trance, "If you want this to end as you say, four must hold hands. It's the only way."
Esper raised an eyebrow, "Huh?!"
Luz shouts, "¡Oye, no me hable así! Willow, will you help us out with Hooty?"
Willow I'm sorry, Luz. You shouldn't ask me to help with anything.
Luz frowned at this, "Willow..."
All scream as the House stops moving, causing them to be jerked around.
The human looked up, "Did the house stop moving?"
Gus felt something come up his throat, "Ugh, my insides didn't."
Esper grit her teeth, "Please don't throw up."
The door squeaks open, making the four of them whimper. One of the Demon Hunters laughs as they shove the three of them out of the Owl House.
All grunt in pain, "Ow! Ow! Ow!"
The leading Demon Hunter spoke, "Take the house and rip out the house demon! We can sell it to restaurants as exotic meat."
The human shouted, "No! Hooty would taste terrible."
Hooty shouted back at her, "Hey, I'm a refined taste. Hoot! Hoot!"
One of the other Demon Hunters inquired, "What do we do with the worms?" Luz looks at her friends as the Demon Hunter spoke. The Demon Hunter had a nametag reading "Tom" on his uniform.
The Demon Hunter shrugs his shoulders, "Throw them over the cliff."
Tom chuckles as he approaches them. Gus whimpers as Esper nudges him with her arm, as if to try and comfort him while they are tied up.
Tom smiles at them "All righty, kids. Here's the end of your short little lives." He starts to shove them to the edge of a cliff overlooking the sea.
Gus groans, "Wait! Wait! Wait!" He manages to turn the group so he's facing the demon hunter, "Is this really what you wanna be doing with your life? Tossing kids from cliffs?"
Tom "Actually, yes. It's been my dream since I was a boy."
The three of them look at him for a long moment as he smiled. Tom shoves them off the cliff and laughs, "I was a strange child. Whee!"
All of the kids scream. But luckily, the rope tied around them of them got caught on a branch sticking out of the cliffside. Though now they are dangling in the air.
Luz sighs, "If we're not killed now, we will be when Eda finds out about the house."
Willow looks down at the water, "Luz, I'm so sorry. You wanted to turn back but I just had to show off to Amity. The truth is she and I used to be friends."
Luz gasped, "Whaaat?"
The branch holding them up starts to crack.
The plant witch sighs, "We played together as kids, but when she got her magical powers and I didn't, she stopped hanging out with me."
Gus looks up at the cracking branch, "Guys, is now the best time?"
Esper agreed with the illusionist, "Uh yeah, while I love complicated backstories, we're kiiiiinda gonna fall here!"
Willow sighs, "I just wanted to prove to her that I was a powerful witch, too."
Luz frowns, "That's ridiculous! You helped bring a house to life. Amity doesn't know what she's talking about." Willow smiles at this. Luz continues, "Next to Eda, you're the most powerful witch I know. No offense, Gus... Or you, Esper."
Gus nods, "No, not at all. I know what I'm about."
Esper shrugged, "Eh, I just discovered my powers so I can agree there."
The branch cracks and they all yelp.
The illusionist shouts, "This tree can't hold us much longer!"
Esper looks over to the plant witch as Willow grunts as she frees a hand, "There! Now, if I could just reach that root. Gotcha!" Her hand glows green as she grabs the root of the plant.
...
The Demon Hunters with the house tied to a cart. Tom smirked, "Yeah, they tried to fight back and they nearly got me. But you know, I handled it."
Demon Hunter groans, "They were children, Tom."
A shadow falls over them in the shape of the plant lover. Willow maed the small root grow into a huge plant, and she, Luz, Esper and Gus are standing atop a leaf. The plant witch moves her hand up, making one of the thorny vines to cut the rope and free them.
Willow smirks, "We may be children, but we're also witches. Powerful ones."
She shoves her hand forward, causing the plant to attack. It hits Tom in the face, throwing him into the distance. The main Demon Hunter pulls a sword and slices off the tip of one of the vines. Another three-eyed witch tries to hit a vine with an axe, but is stopped by Esper, who had prepared a fireball spell and is ready to send it foward, "Drop it!"
The demon hunter nods, dropping the axe as the vine grabs their ankle and flings them into a pile of rubble. Esper then fires the fireball at the ropes holding Hooty down, burning them off the house. Esper smirks as she, Willow, Luz, and Gus run to the house while the plant is busy with the other demon hunters. Luz holds open the door for them, then closes it behind her.
Luz shouts "Everyone, quick!"
They all join hands as the main Demon Hunter cuts through the vines with a shock spell. The kids all glow once again as The Owl House stands, shocking the demon hunters.
The Demon Hunter lifting his eyepatch as he backs away, "Uh..."
Hooty steps forward, crushing the Demon Slayer.
Luz notices that the moon is nearly set for the night, "Oh, no! I don't mean to step on this victory but we gotta get home before Eda does!"
Esper starts to giggle, "Hahaha, step. Pfft, I see what you did there."
Luz raises an eyebrow at her as Esper smiles again, "Aw come on it was funny! Alright, come on, let's get going."
Hooty walks away, as the lead Demon Hunter groans. He had gotten up from getting crushed under Hooty's foot and was met with his underlings.
Tom mocks his boss,"Ugh 'They're just children, Tom.'"
...
Unknown to the kids, Eda had been struggling the whole night with Tibbles, a con man. Tibbles has been beating Eda at Hexes Hold'em all day, even taking King as one of his prizes. King was chained to the stand and Eda's arms were chained together. Just as Eda was going to lose again, suddenly the ground started to rumble. One of the Owl House's feet steps on Tibbles' stand. A bottle of elixir falls on the ground, intact.
Luz waves out the window at Tibbles, "Sorry, mister!"
Hooty continues down the street as Eda sits up and laughs. King backs away from Tibbles and grabs the elixir on the ground.
Eda raises an eyebrow, "Wait, what-Was that my house?"
King throws the elixir at Eda, "Eda, quick!"
He tosses her the elixir. She catches it in her mouth and drinks it, then spits the bottle out. She traces a spell circle that makes the chains explode, and her feathers disppear from her arms.
Tibbles screams, "No, no, no! My scam stand!"Eda Sorry, Tibbles, old boy. It looks like you forgot about the wild card."
[She grabs her staff and throws cards at Tibbles. She then sprints with King in her arms before flying away on Owlbert.
Tibbles "Curse you, witch! Curse you, bone boy! I'll have my revenge! Tibblet-Tibblie Grimm Hammer the Third will have his revenge!"
Tibbles' stand falls apart as the kids steer Hooty back, letting him sit down in the crater it left. The kids remained waiting in the living room, hoping they put the house back to normal.
Luz opened an eye, "Did we do it?"
Hooty opens the door, "Is the room spinning or is it just me? Ahahahaha. Just a little house humor. Ooh."
The brown haired human apologized, "Sorry about all that, Hooty... I really didn't mean to joyride you around the Boiling Isles."
The door owl smiled at her, "It's okay! I'm just glad I was included!"
The door is slammed closed, revealing Eda and King on the other side. Eda had her arms folded.
Luz gasps, "Oh, boy."
Eda walked up to the human, "You are so busted."
Esper slowly started to walk on her tippy-toes, aiming towards the stairs before Eda took a hold of her yellow hoodie, "Don't think you're not off scot-free either."
Esper shouts, "Aw what! Not fair, Luz was the one in charge!"
Eda put her hands on her hips, "And you could have stopped her at any time! Now..."
Esper pouted as Luz's eyes widened, "Oh, man."
The old witch frowned, "You held a moonlight conjuring."
Luz nodded, "I did."
Eda "And you animated my house. My house!"
Luz closed her eyes, "Yes."
Esper pouted the whole time Eda talked.
Willow steps in front of Luz, "No. Don't punish Luz. We're the ones who pushed her to do the conjuring."
Gus follows Willow's lead and steps in front of Esper,"And don't punish Esper either! If you're gonna eat me, just do it now. Do it now!"
Eda sticks out her tongue, disgusted at the thought of eating someone.
Luz puts an arm on Willow's shoulder, "Hey, you didn't have to do that."
The plant witch shook her head, "Yes, Luz. I did."
Eda frowns at them, "Well, you're all guilty, so you'll all be punished by cleaning my house top to bottom."
The older witch summons various cleaning supplies that land in the kids' arms. Esper caught a broom, groaning about having to Eda And another thing..." All kids gulp as she continued, "That was totally amazing! And I'm so joining you for next year's conjuring! Now get to work." She makes the four run off and she jumps on the couch to relax, with King joining her.
King yawned on the couch, "I can't believe they animated a whole house."
The old witch suddenly opened her eyes, realizing what this means, "Yeah. You're right. That takes some powerful magic..."
Luz smiled at Willow, "You know, I still kinda wish we got to show up Amity."
Willow shrugs, "Yeah,,. Too bad no one will know of our daring adventures."
Esper watched as crawls into one of Eda's treasure chests and pops back out, covered in human memoribilia. The redheaded witch then started giggling at his antics, finding him funny.
Meanwhile, in Amity's bedroom back at her house, a stuffed rabbit is sitting on the floor. Boscha, Cat, Skara, and Amelia are all sitting in a circle, glaring at it.
Boscha blew a raspberry. "Ugh... So what if we couldn't move a doll. Now we have time for what really matters. Penstagram."She summons her scroll, which causes the other three to summon their own scrolls a few seconds after. Amity is brooding, looking out of her window. Boscha gasps, getting her attention. She walks over and looks at Boscha's scroll. Amity and Boscha share a look as they shout, "What?!"
Her Penstagram feed has several people's posts showing off Willow, Luz, Esper, Gus, and the animated Hooty. Showing the popular girls just how power the human and witches actually are...