Chapter 1

a/n Guys in this book pretend Neymar is born in 1994 okayy😘

Barcelona, 2015
"We are landing in Barcelona, Spain soon, Please fasten your seatbelts and stay in your seat"

The announcement awoke me, I shook my friend, Carmen to try and wake her up too.

"Yeahh?" she said half asleep, "Car we're landing soon wake up!" She opened her eyes and stretched,

"What time is it?" "Uhh 9pm Barcelona time" I said, I was still in Mexican time so I didn't know how long it would take me to adjust to the Spanish time zone.

I live, well, lived in London but I was visiting Mexico for a few weeks to see some family.

I took a drink of water and looked out the window, it was just beautiful, The buildings and all the lights, I could even see the coast, I mean I lived in a good few cities the past 2 years but this place felt, different in a good way, I had a feeling i would like it here.

I had signed a 3 year contract to do modelling in Barcelona, I was happy about it as I get to live in a country where I speak my language, Spanish instead of the Uk where I found it hard to speak English.

I am originally from Mexico and I grew up there, When I was a teenager I got spotted and I started doing modelling around Mexico in places like Mexico city, Guadalajara, etc.

I grew up very poor so it was nice to make money and not have to worry for once.

I always dreamed of moving to Spain when i was a young girl so it felt as if my dreams were coming true.

I became friends with Carmen when i was 16 as we were at the same shoot, we have been inseparable since and we literally never fight, I am so happy we get to move in together as we have been talking about living together for years, I truly love her.

                        2 Hours Later
It was a long enough drive from the airport but it took us ages to get the keys off the landlord because our taxi went the wrong direction and took us to a place 45 minutes away from where we were supposed to go, It was sooo stressful.

"Finally we are here!!" Carmen beamed
It was a very nice apartment, small, but nice, but it had everything we needed so it would do.

"Woah this is perfect, It is even better in person oh my gosh !!" I exclaimed, Carmen laughed "So let's just get unready, sleep, then unpack tomorrow okay?"

"Please, I don't even think I can stay awake much longer" I yawned, I was so exhausted after such a long plane journey and all the drama about the keys, I went upstairs and I picked my room, They were basically the same anyway.

I got into my pyjamas brushed my teeth and jumped into bed, it was really comfy my god, I went on google and searched Barcelona football team and looked through everything.

All these cool players played for Barça, I learned a few of the players names and stalked some of their instas, I also realised my phone language had switched to spanish automatically which was nice.

I had to add all my contacts again since I got a new sim card so that was a bummer. I waited until my phone was at 100% and then unplugged it and went to sleep.

Even though I was exhausted I couldn't sleep, I was honestly scared, what if my modelling in Barcelona didn't go well and I had to go back to Mexico, I wouldn't be able to buy nice stuff for my family anymore, It also occurred to me I might have to get another job because Barça is kindve expensive.

But what if I would miss my friends in London, I kept overthinking, atleast I had Carmen though, and my family are moving to Barcelona in a few weeks so it would be ok.

                           1 week later
I have been living in Barcelona for 1 week today, I loved it so far.

Today was my first photoshoot, I had to pose with Barcelona players, I was really excited about it because i knew they were famous and I watched football with my family.

Even though I didn't know alot of the players I wanted to get a few signatures but maybe not today, as I had to do loads of photoshoots with them throughout the year.

I woke up at 5am and got ready, I just put on a black tank top, a grey zip up hoodie and black nike leggings, I threw on some trainers and put my hair in a low, messy bun, I knew they would do my makeup and hair for me anyway so it didn't really matter.

My agent picked me up and we started to drive to the studio, "So do you know what you are doing today?" My agent, Maria asked me. "Uhh not really actually" I confessed, She sighed.

"Well you are going to wear their jersey and pose, Then you are going to meet a few of the players and take photos with them, Got it?" "Oh that's simple i'll be able to manage" I said relieved, I don't know what i was expecting to be honest.

                      At the reception
"Name?" "Natalia Romero" "Date of birth?" "5/5/92" "So you are going to go left and go into the hair and makeup room and they will sort you out okay?" The man said.

I followed Maria to hair and makeup and I was kind've surprised to how fancy it was as I wasn't expecting it, I walked in and greeted everyone.

The hairstylist was gonna do curls in my hair and the makeup artist was gonna do a simple makeup look.

I was honestly scared to do the shoot, I mean I am normally scared to do the shoot but because it's my first one in Barcelona I wanted it to go well.

I took a selfie and posted it to my instagram story with #Barcelona and then I went to go get the first photos taken, My outfit was a Barca jersey, Black Barca shorts, Barca socks and black nike football boots, it was actually a nice outfit.

They took photos in different angles and I had to do all sort of poses, they heard I played football back in Mexico so they gave me a ball to do skills with so the photos would have more to them and I think they turned out quite good.

Then the door opened and 3 guys walked in, They had just come in from taking photos with other people.

A guy came up to me and he had black hair and dark brown eyes, He introduced himself as Rafinha, His accent sounded Brasilian and I think he was from Brasil.

Then another guy introduced himself as Gerard, I recognised him from google he seemed pretty famous.

And then the last guy introduced himself to me, He had beautiful hazel eyes and Brownish hair. He smiled at me and laughed, Neymar was his name he told me and he shook my hand, I recognised him from somewhere, but not from photos, I had definitely met him before, I just don't know where.

a/n
heyy😘
so that was the first chapter, I know it's rushed and really bad sorryy it's 2am rn i'm soo tired and i just had the idea to write a fanfic about neymar cause i've wanted to for agesss i've been his fan since i was 11 (i'm 14 now) and i've read alot of fanfics about him 😭 and i know the grammar sucks cause my first language is irish actually i know it sounds weird cause not alot of people in ireland speak irish fluently but my mother came from an irish speaking place in the west of ireland so she wanted me to speak it fluently😊 i also speak french and spanishh haha
if i ever say grá mór it's cause i say it to everyone it means much love in irish
grá mór, julia 😘😘