Chapter 14

The second that you finally come to, you try to stand. When you pull at your wrists, you feel resistance. Your gaze shifts, and it's then you realize that your hands are connected to the wires hooked up. You follow the trail, and it leads right back to the sphere he'd spent the last week putting together.

"You're awake. Finally." 

He smacked you across the face, and your head whipped to the side. All he did was laugh. You spat out the blood, glaring at him.

"This whole time you were just playing me?"

He shrugged.

"I am a decepticon. You should have trusted your friends. When Optimus killed Scorponok I figured out why he was chasing you in the junkyard. From the moment you triggered that beacon you made yourself a target. The fact that your body absorbed the energon was just poetic justice. Now you'll watch as you become the key to humanity's destruction."

He lifted his palm pressing it to the sphere at your feet. The second the energy from his spark traveled from his hand into the ball, the wires holding you up activated. Your veins lit up, and Laserbeak grinned when he saw the entire area light up the room.

He removed his hand, laughing.

"Any final words human?"

You nodded weakly.

"What's..the time?"

His brows knitted in confusion.

"The time?"

With a busted lip and bruised face, he didn't understand why a smile was now forming on your lips. Laserbeak stared in fear when you ripped the connected wires right out from the walls. Your right arm was free and you took a step forward.

"Impossible..."

You shouldn't have been able to move, much less free yourself. You tugged to your left, and the cables rocked as they seemed to snap one by one. He could feel his rage increase as you continued to destroy the structure he'd built.

"YOU ILLITERATE MONKEY."

His body twisted, and the flesh seemed to rip right off as metal began to replace it.

The second he was fully transformed, he aimed his weapon right at you.

"I'LL KILL YOU RIGHT HERE!!"

"I don't think so." 

You grabbed the sphere, just as an explosion went off behind Laserbeak. Your body rolled in the opposite direction and Laserbeak was picking himself off the ground as he looked over at the right side of the barn that was completely obliterated from whatever had struck it.

"OPTIMUS!!"

Your scream pulled his focus, and you tossed the sphere in Optimus's direction. With his sword drawn, he cut the metal ball clean in half. It fell to the ground in pieces of scraps, and Laserbeak wasn't offered a chance to attack. Another beam struck him in the shoulder, and he yelled. Ratchet came from the back, looking down at you.

You smiled up at him as you got to your feet, and Optimus pressed his leg into Laserbeak's stomach as he lifted his sword.

"Your mistake was underestimating humanity."

He drove his sword into Laserbeak's neck, and in a matter of seconds, his metallic head was completely severed.

Optimus retracted his blade, looking over at your form.

Laserbeak was dead, and his foolish attempt at world domination was stopped.

Optimus couldn't help but feel proud. You were battered and bruised, but you still wore a smile. He realized from the moment that you came to him that he had underestimated your loyalty. It was still a challenge for him to trust all of humanity. But this situation reinforced his views. He still had a lot to learn.

You dropped onto the ground, completely exhausted.

"Can we stop at a burger joint on our way back? Decepticons are actually pretty cheap bots."

 You flashed a smile, and Optimus couldn't stop himself from letting out a hearty laugh. Ratchet shook his head with a smile of his own.