Chapter 16

It takes a few days for the hospital to actually release you. Everyday Sam, Bee and Mickeala were there. It feels just like the old days. Your grandmother spent the majority of the time fretting over you. When you're finally offered a moment to breathe, you're back at the hangar with the autobots.

There's relief across the board.

Lennox and Epps greet you at the entrance. Bee looks very surprised to see you there, so does Sam.

Optimus comes from around the corner with Ratchet.

"It's good to see you well." Optimus says.

"It's thanks to you."

Optimus shakes his head.

"You were the one who was brave enough to face an adversary. All to protect us. " When he kneels, you're surprised.

"Thank you (Y/N)."

You can't find the words to use. Optimus wasn't the kind of person to bow to anyone, so you're honored.

"This whole time you were working together huh." Lennox says with a laugh.

"Definitely a plot twist." Epps jokes.

Optimus stands.

"I apologize that I could not explain. It was crucial that Laserbeak believed that she was working against us. I could not protect (Y/N) the first time. She did not want to risk anyone else getting hurt. I needed to respect that wish. I owed her that much."

Bumblebee understands. He knows that when you went missing he didn't exactly have the best mindset. He was spiraling. Because if he'd been honest from the beginning, he kept telling himself that this would have all been different. Finding out that you risked your life, your safety to protect them even after he lied to you, it just made him love you more.

"I'm really sorry about the way I reacted when I found out." This apology was long overdue for all of them. As they stand there, autobots and humans alike, you convey your message.

"I was angry and hurt. You aren't obligated to tell me anything. I can't imagine what it's like losing your home and integrating into another. I was selfish. I should have been more understanding about how hard it is to keep a secret like this. I'm sorry about everything."

You hope they can all see past your moment of weakness. Because you do regret the words you said to Bee and Sam. The way you threatened the autobots.

"We understand as well. Our existence is not easy to swallow. We're fortunate to have an ally like you." Optimus words make you unimaginably happy.

"As beautiful as this is, I'm still unclear about the whole allspark thing. Should we be worried?" Epps's question makes Lennox send a look.

"What man, I ain't trying to get blasted." You chuckle.

"You have nothing to worry about. Laserbeak was after his own interests and he didn't realize he was training me to destroy his machine. He showed me how to use it, how to control it. I'm not going to turn into a nuke or anything. I'm sort of like a battery. I just charge items, not so much blast them."

"Well that's good to know I guess." You grin.

"Anyway, I'm heading back home before my grandmother has a fit. I biked all the way here. Anyone wanna give me a ride back?"

"I will!"

Bee is eager, and Lennox chuckles. Bee's engines rev, slightly embarrassed. You tilt your head a bit confused, but you're still wearing a smile.

Sam pats Bumblebee's leg.

"I'll see you both later then. I'll catch a ride with Optimus."

"Are you sure?"

He nods.

"Have fun."

So Bee shifts back into a camaro and you jump inside. As you both drive off, Ratchet shakes his head.

"Young love." Epps teases.

They all just start laughing.