Chapter 2

When Sylvia got home, her dad was sitting on the couch watching TV while her mom was in her office upstairs. Sylvia decided to go to her room. She turnt on her computer and went on YouTube to search up videos of cake that looked like other food. "It's time for dinner!" yelled Sylvia's mother from downstairs.

At dinner everything was silent. "How was school today? Did you make any friends? I bet you didn't." said Sylvia's mom, breaking the silence. "Actually I did manage to make some friends today," said Sylvia. "I bet you only made one though," said her father. "Actually I was able to make 4 friends today," Sylvia said happily, remembering the kind Pokèmon. Then both of her parents stood up angrily. "GET UP, YOU'RE NOT EATING THE REST OF YOUR DINNER! GO TAKE A BATH OR SHOWER AND GO TO BED!" yelled her mother. "Whatever," Sylvia mumbled as she went to the bathroom upstairs. After she finished taking a bath and brushing her teeth, Sylvia decided to watch more YouTube videos instead. After a while Sylvia had finally fallen asleep

Then came the sound of chatting from a distant room. This woke Sylvia up. When she realized it was her parents, she decided she wanted to hear what they were talking about. She quietly walked over to her mother and father's room, then pressed her ear to the door to listen better. "I can't wait until summer," said Sylvia's father. "Yeah me too. We can finally get away from our annoying daughter. She'll be home alone this summer and we won't have to deal with her for a while." replied the mother.

Sylvia, not paying attention to what she was doing, then accidentally knocked over a vase from a table that was in the hallway. "What was that! Go check outside the door." shouted the disturbed mother. Sylvia quickly but quietly ran to her room. She closed her door and thought about what she'd heard. "I'll be fine home alone. I know how to take care of myself." mumbled a tired Sylvia to herself as she laid in bed.