Four

Around just after three, Randy walked into Bradley's video store with Jacqui trailing behind, both shocked to see the store was packed.

Mr. Bradley waved the two over. Obliging, they both made their way over to the counter where he was ringing up person after person while talking.

"Now I'm sure you know, there's a curfew. So to be home by nine, I want you guys to close shop at seven."

Randy fake saluted. "Will do, sir!"

"Here, I'll take over," Jacqui motioned to her boss and he sighed in relief.

"Thank you, I've got to get going. You two stay safe, okay?!" He pointed at the two seriously before grabbing his coat, he then specifically pointed to Jacqui. "Stay sober today, this is the last time you wanna smoke." He then walked out and she groaned.

That's how the afternoon went, Jacqui rang out everyone while Randy helped people find what they were looking for while restocking.

They never really had use for the cart, but Randy was making good use of it, riding around the store and almost knocking customers over.

Jacqui heard an immature yell and looked over out of the corner of her eye to see Stu was there and he knocked out a bunch of tapes from Randy's hands.

Rolling her eyes, she focused back in on the person in front of her, but when the customer walked away, Jacqui looked over to the horror section and saw Billy standing there, talking to two girls.

It infuriated Jacqui. Sidney had so much faith and love for him and here he was, fresh out of jail at the age of seventeen and already flirting with two random girls instead of doing whatever he could to make it up to his girlfriend.

Jacqui stared for a moment longer before turning to the people lining up in front of her. "Distraction, look!" She pointed in the opposite direction of Billy and while they looked at nothing in confusion, she quickly and almost obviously pulled out her digital hand camera, quickly snapping a pic with the flash of Billy before putting the camera away and turning back to the customers. "You missed it, there was a bird with popcorn in its mouth at the window."

A little bit after, the busy hum silenced as Randy's voice broke through, "Eyes gouged out, fingers cut off, teeth knocked out!" Jacqui's head whipped around as he raised his voice even higher s bit later. "EVERYBODY'S A SUSPECT!"

Now everyone else's heads turned to see him waving tapes like a madman.

Jacqui just carefully watched and went back to typing in the numbers, her eyes flicking up every couple of seconds to look back at the chaos. Randy and Stu were talking but in the blink of an eye, Billy appeared, standing in front of him, grabbing his shirt in a fist.

"Holy shit," Jacqui quickly finished with a customer and gave them their receipt before she turned to them, hands leaning on the counter. "Billy, Stu!" She called, their heads shot up to her. "The fuck are you doing?"

She stared until the two backed away, so she went back to her work. "Between you and me," she whispered to the customer, then gesturing to Billy. "The one with the greasy hair is definitely behind all this killing shit."

»»————- 🔪 ————-««

It was about seven and thankfully, there were no more people in the store. The rush was the biggest since Showgirls.

Randy collapsed on the counter dramatically. "Who knew a psycho on the loose would bring out the urge to rent videos."

"They wanna do research," Jacqui shrugged. "Also, they're stuck at home because of the curfew."